Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2015, 11:20 AM

19 posts, read 19,643 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking about moving to GA to follow family. Think they are moving to the Dallas area. Was wondering if I can get any insight on job opportunities. I'm a special education teacher. I primarily have been working with children birth to 3 yrs old. Do they have Early Intervention teachers that travel to students homes in GA? If so does anyone know the salary for such as teacher. Also open to other Spec Ed positions. Also looking to move to a safe area, somewhat rural but close to the city too. Looking at house prices ranging from $160k-260k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 05:49 PM

10,398 posts, read 11,534,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersun17 View Post
I'm thinking about moving to GA to follow family. Think they are moving to the Dallas area. Was wondering if I can get any insight on job opportunities. I'm a special education teacher. I primarily have been working with children birth to 3 yrs old. Do they have Early Intervention teachers that travel to students homes in GA? If so does anyone know the salary for such as teacher. Also open to other Spec Ed positions. Also looking to move to a safe area, somewhat rural but close to the city too. Looking at house prices ranging from $160k-260k.
Dallas, Georgia is the largest city and seat of government of Paulding County, Georgia, which is a fast-growing outer-suburban county in outer Northwest Metro Atlanta with an affordable housing stock and good-to-decent local schools in the Paulding County school system.

Start your search for employment in the Paulding County school system and if need be extend your search to large urban school systems in Metro Atlanta like Cobb County, Fulton County, Gwinnett County, the City of Atlanta (Atlanta Public Schools) and DeKalb County.

Also cover all of your bases by searching in smaller suburban school systems like Douglas County, Cherokee County, Bartow County, Forsyth County, Hall County, Barrow County, Walton County, Newton County, Rockdale County, Henry County and Fayette County.

Also search for employment in small independent city school systems like the City of Marietta, the City of Cartersville, the City of Decatur and the City of Buford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersun17 View Post
Also looking to move to a safe area, somewhat rural but close to the city too. Looking at house prices ranging from $160k-260k.
Though you should be absolutely sure to first have a job in place before moving to Georgia, Paulding County (where your family lives in the Dallas area) would be a good place where you would be very likely to find a house in your price range of $160k-260k.

Paulding County has all of the qualities that you are looking for in a community with very low crime rates, lots of rural areas and direct access to the city by way of multiple routes like Georgia highways 6, 120 and 360.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:19 AM

19 posts, read 19,643 times
Thanks for the info. I guess I have a lot of research to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia