Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2015, 03:57 PM

2 posts, read 1,669 times

Advertisements

Hello all!

So I bought a car from a reputable dealership in early March. I paid the full amount of the car, taxes, tag, and title in cash. I was given a 45 day temporary tag and was told that they would file the paperwork for my tag well before the 45 day period.

Well, about three weeks before my temporary title was due to expire I called the dealership to verify that they had indeed sent in the paperwork. I was told to call the tag office. The tag office said that they didn't have anything filed. So, I decided to give them another week in the hopes that everything would be processed as promised.

With only a week left on my temporary tag I decided to try the dealership again, but this time I contacted the tag office first just to make sure.The tag office said that they had no paperwork. I called the dealership three separate times that day.

The first time I called I spoke with a lady that said she was going to file the paperwork that day which was 36 days since I bought the vehicle. She said she would call me back. So, I waited two hours and gave her a call back. No one answered and so I left a message and called back an hour later to check up on everything.

The guy i spoke to the third time was rude, raised his voice, and basically threatened me. He told me that we could end this conversation peacefully or the hard way (what does that even mean?!?!). Any who, I was wondering what I should do about getting my tag. Is there somewhere to report this horrible service to? I am considering the BBB but I was wondering if there was a state website where I could file a complaint.

Thanks to everyone in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 04:21 PM

10,742 posts, read 13,423,772 times
Pay them a personal visit?

Old 04-20-2015, 06:27 PM

1,389 posts, read 2,266,750 times
If it is a reputable dealership...go by and get the paperwork yourself. The dealer just getsthe tag as a courtesy anyhow. Once you get the tag...burn them on reviews, word of mouth, and the bbb. If they refuse when you go in person...get a lawyer to address it. Will cost some, but that should do it. Did I mention...burn them on online s and the bbb. Some people just suck.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:32 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,041,306 times
Go in, Park yourself in the Highest Person office that's there.

Don't ask if you can come in, just go in and sit down. Tell him/her to Fix it now, you will be waiting in his/her office for it to be completed.

Old 04-21-2015, 02:31 PM

10,742 posts, read 13,423,772 times
Perhaps the tag office will call them for you, as well.

Old 04-21-2015, 03:29 PM

2 posts, read 1,669 times
Thanks everyone for all of your awesome advice! I will finally be able to pick up my tag tomorrow- woot woot! I guess the owners felt bad about their associate threatening me and raising his voice at me and got their job done. Since all of you guys are located in Georgia I would like to say beware when purchasing a car from International Auto Liquidators in Suwanee.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:27 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,467,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larak122 View Post
Thanks everyone for all of your awesome advice! I will finally be able to pick up my tag tomorrow- woot woot! I guess the owners felt bad about their associate threatening me and raising his voice at me and got their job done. Since all of you guys are located in Georgia I would like to say beware when purchasing a car from International Auto Liquidators in Suwanee.
When someone is rude to me, I have had great deal of success by simply going to that person's immediate supervisor. My problem is resolved by the supervisor, and the supervisor reprimands or fires the original problem. I have never, ever had to file a complaint with the BBB or other agency. Most organizations do an excellent job in resolving conflicts internally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: