Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2016, 10:30 PM

1 posts, read 575 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am kinda new at this so forgive me if I sound stupid. I recently was employed for someone who was very wealthy and has a very high standing in our community. When I first started my mother had just passed I had taken care of her while she was on hospice till she passed and I was offered the job from my wife's employer as a way to get back on my feet I had been out of work taking care of her for 13 months while my wife continued to work. To make a long story short i have been tortured and used almost as a slave working for this person, I know it is my fault for putting up with it but the job was awesome to begin with before I knew who exactly I was working for. I was talked down to daily called a liar for no reason and even not paid on several occasions due to the arrogance of my former employer. He made me fire people and treat them harshly by manipulating the situations to were i could not tell if what was real and what was a lie. Still i know i should have left i didn't want my wife to get fired and so on so I looked for work. All the sudden I was diagnosed with several diseases all at once. One of the 6 doctors I am seeing since I was released from a lengthy hospital stay said it could have been from working 7 days a week on call 24 hours a day for 3 years since my mom passed but they had no definite answers. So I continue to try and work against doctors orders but wasn't able to keep the pace as before if you understand. So it comes to a head the tyrant I worked for threatened me as if I was to have a off button I could push for the blood clots that developed in my lungs and legs or for my failing pancreas. He got more abusive and before I knew it he was trying to threaten my freedom by using his contacts in our community to get police to come hassle me about a car I had and that he had helped me finance before I had gotten sick. They came to my house , started following me i had had enough so I quit and gave the car back even though I had proof I was current on payments and had paid a good bit for it already. Soon after I quit he smeared my name all over the Internet saying I was a drug addict he helped and that I stole his car and so fourth. Since then my wife has stayed at the job looking for work but has been tortured herself now by customers and employees alike gossiping ,,..etc I have had people call threaten my life and hang up, hate emails post on face book you name it he has even trumped up fake stories telling it to his police chief and city comissone rs buddies about me being a crook. Well my question. Is this.... I've tried to be the bigger man and move on i have not retaliated or talked trash or even said anything negative on facebook or anywhere what do I do my name is ruined, the same people I am being shamed too are all in local government and the wealthy of our town. I am not rich or even middle class I am not able to work now till at least I have surgery everyday he comes up with new ways to stir up trouble like he is in high school, what do I do forget about it because I let it get this far? Move? Try to clear my name....? I would sure love to hear similar stories if anyone has them and how they handled it and if it helped... thanks for listening I am sorry it's long..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia