Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 02:20 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,443,661 times

Advertisements

Per the president tweet, “Brian Kemp is running for Governor of the great state of Georgia. The Primary is on Tuesday. Brian is tough on crime, strong on the border and illegal immigration. He loves our Military and our Vets and protects our Second Amendment. I give him my full and total endorsement.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2018, 02:27 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,748,263 times
That can be both a blessing and a curse for Abrams depending on what kind of stunts Trumps pulls in the next few months. As far as Cagle goes, good luck! Things aren’t looking good.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:58 PM

290 posts, read 369,650 times
Brian Kemp is clearly the most qualified candidate for governor. I believe he will continue to lead Georgia in the right direction and fix many issues engulfing our state such as illegal drugs, gangs and crime.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:17 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,932,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlforr View Post
brian kemp is clearly the most qualified candidate for governor. I believe he will continue to lead georgia in the right direction and fix many issues engulfing our state such as illegal drugs, gangs and crime.
lol lol lol!

Old 07-19-2018, 06:01 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,108,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
lol lol lol!
Just when I thought the ads couldn't get creepier.

https://politics.myajc.com/blog/poli...5PZIKyr1WTGJM/

Old 07-19-2018, 10:58 AM

815 posts, read 709,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
That can be both a blessing and a curse for Abrams depending on what kind of stunts Trumps pulls in the next few months. As far as Cagle goes, good luck! Things aren’t looking good.
I'm still in shock that Cagle is on the verge of losing. I don't see how he can pull this out. The same things that make conservative Republicans hate him are the same things that make him very appealing to moderate voters. Heck, I even find myself liking him at times.

I see Kemp winning as nothing but good news for Abrams' chances though. No way do I see Kemp being able to tamp down the crazy enough to get moderates to turnout to vote for him. Trump's endorsement has been the kiss of death so far for a lot of sure-thing Republican candidates and is no doubt going to dampen the enthusiasm of moderate voters.

As much as I would love it if the Democrats won, I know its still a longshot and I just can't stomach Kemp as governor. I was really hoping Cagle would pull it out.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:12 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,066,951 times
Interesting development. Cagle has run a poor campaign, which for the heir apparent is surprising.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:52 AM

815 posts, read 709,410 times
Just read that Pence is supposedly coming to GA to attend a rally for Kemp. The author of the article called Trump's endorsement of Kemp a "surprise". I wonder if Pence is an attempt at damage control by the moderate wing of the GOP. They must recognize Trump's destabilizing effect on local elections.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:26 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,257,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
I'm still in shock that Cagle is on the verge of losing. I don't see how he can pull this out. The same things that make conservative Republicans hate him are the same things that make him very appealing to moderate voters. Heck, I even find myself liking him at times.

I see Kemp winning as nothing but good news for Abrams' chances though. No way do I see Kemp being able to tamp down the crazy enough to get moderates to turnout to vote for him. Trump's endorsement has been the kiss of death so far for a lot of sure-thing Republican candidates and is no doubt going to dampen the enthusiasm of moderate voters.

As much as I would love it if the Democrats won, I know its still a longshot and I just can't stomach Kemp as governor. I was really hoping Cagle would pull it out.
Primaries don't attract mainstream voters so the more right/left candidates overperform. That recording truly is Cagle's 49% moment. Here in the midstate, Kemp seems to be far more popular with more signs, etc. This was Cagle's to lose and he might. I agree with you. Wiith Kemp...Abrams has as better shot, but will still ultimately lose. A governor Kemp would appear to the rest of the nation as wrapping Trump in a confederate flag and dousing him in moonshine....scary and definitely backtracking from the "New south" image Georgia has spent 50 years building. Gone in one election because Cagle was too stupid to forget everything is always recorded. Hopefully I will be wrong.

Last edited by midgeorgiaman; 07-19-2018 at 12:58 PM..

Old 07-22-2018, 10:45 AM

1,459 posts, read 1,404,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDreaming01 View Post
Just read that Pence is supposedly coming to GA to attend a rally for Kemp. The author of the article called Trump's endorsement of Kemp a "surprise". I wonder if Pence is an attempt at damage control by the moderate wing of the GOP. They must recognize Trump's destabilizing effect on local elections.

Been here and gone. Nothing is going to help the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia