Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2012, 01:07 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,889,276 times

Advertisements

I was asked about the Ryan's restaurants that are being closed as of this week in Georgia, and found this PDF online that shows the locations that were closed as of the 19th and 20th of January 2011.

Link: http://www.bizjournals.com/twincitie...s.Closings.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 07:22 AM

876 posts, read 2,278,549 times
I like Ryan's. I have family spread out in areas outside of metro Atlanta and we would go there to eat about once a year or so.

Buffet's Inc. bankruptcy and the closings are mentioned in Atlanta Business Chronicle. There are about 81 Ryan's stores closing nationwide.

I am posting the GA cities here in case people have problems opening PDF files. As you see a few are in metro Atlanta.

Calhoun
Canton
Cartersville
Macon #2
Martinez
Stockbridge
Thomasville
Warner-Robins

Old 01-23-2012, 07:10 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,195,472 times
They are almost non-existent in the area now, as compared with 20 years ago. They used to be all over the place. I used to go to the one at Gwinnett Place across from the mini-golf place, back in the late 1980s. Used to be packed.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:52 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,889,276 times
The overall quality of them seems to have gone down a bit. I used to eat at the one in Hiram regularly. But slowly one by one, the food items started going downhill. The once fresh green beans and carrots turned into the canned/bagged varieties, the salad ingredients lowered in quality, etc.

I went there recently after a long hiatus, and on a Sunday afternoon when the "church crowds" had filled up nearly every other restaurant in that area, there were hardly 10 tables of guests in the place. I'm actually surprised it survived the cutting block. Maybe the recent closings will cause the managers to step up their game in the surviving locations and improve somewhat.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:23 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,385,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
The overall quality of them seems to have gone down a bit. I used to eat at the one in Hiram regularly. But slowly one by one, the food items started going downhill. The once fresh green beans and carrots turned into the canned/bagged varieties, the salad ingredients lowered in quality, etc.
Yeah, I wasn't particularly impressed with the quality of the food. It wasn't bad if you had coupons for buy one get one free, but to pay full price to eat there wasn't worth it.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:32 PM

35 posts, read 101,315 times
the one in Macon was the second Ryans in Macon to close.first was on the North side of town.then a couple years later they opened in a West Macon Power Center.Then Golden Corral open right next to it.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:26 PM

5 posts, read 15,068 times
I live in Warner Robins. We are happy they are closing the Ryan's. They are disgusting and dirty and the food is gross. We are hoping to get a better food joint, since we are the fastest growing city in GA. Can't wait to see what we get!

Old 02-04-2012, 02:02 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,320,473 times
If you live in Macon, Warner Robins, Valdosta or one of the other towns that has Olde Times buffet, there is no reason to EVER go to Ryans...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia