Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 06:25 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times

Advertisements

I dont understand why you are relying on your son to take pictures? Its very obvious from you posts that he doesnt take pictures, and he doesnt care about them. You do. So YOU need to take pictures, or have someone take pictures. When they are visiting you, take pictures. Get them framed and sent to them. You just need to take control of the situation, and do what you want to do, stop counting on others. Your son has told you how he feels, he isnt going to change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2018, 08:15 AM

4,041 posts, read 4,961,604 times
I think you need to stop competing with the other grandparents. You have a good relationship with your grandkids. They know who you are and they love you. That's what matters. The pics of the other grandparents are in your son's house because they hung them up themselves or maybe they gave them a gift and included the pictures.

My mom did this same thing to me. She saw pictures of the other grandparents on our TV stand and went out and had pictures taken and put it in a frame and put one on our fridge. She didn't do this until there were grandkids.

The in-laws gave us the pictures (they gave one to all the kids/couples) because they always give cash for Christmas and they wanted to include something else. We've also gotten calendars, baby books and GC's as well.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:11 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,153,902 times
Thank you everyone for your kind replies.

Now that several weeks have passed I realize that I was fixating on the lack of photographs, as part of grieving over suddenly losing my husband of over 40 years.

I decided to make handmade valentines for each grandchild with the most recent photograph that I had with each of them on the front, and the most recent family picture (taken 1 1/2 years ago) on the inside. Plus, their name in multicolored letter stickers and plenty of shiny, and glittery stickers decorating the card. Perfect for a two and four year old. I also made a similar card for my son & DIL. I am sure that they will enjoy the cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post

(snip)

Usually, my son & his family fly to see us for a week or two once a year. However, they aren't shutterbugs, and usually procrastinate and protest and put off even getting two or three photographs of Hubby & me with our grandkids and/or a group family photograph. (I'll give an example, my son and the grandchildren saw their grandfather daily for about ten days this summer, while I was recovering from surgery. Not even one picture was taken, even though I mentioned it several times --- Son always said he would do it "tomorrow". Which never happened. And, since my husband, their grandfather, died unexpectedly last month there will never be another opportunity).

(snip)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Grandparents