Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:09 PM

41 posts, read 60,754 times

Advertisements

I ones heard i person say: loves doesn't really exist, its all about chemical reactions in the brain that bring you closer to another person. a don't agree with him but i wonder how true could it be that we are just evolved animals that put the word love to translate the bond between humans , is it just affection? like other animals? don't we hate like they do? get sad when we lose our mother like most animals do?
most people say animals don't really LOVE , they just like you and have a bond with there keeper.
Lets start with a simple question.
Does love deepens on our souls ? on a spiritual connection? or just a chemical reaction from our brain that comes from the dependency we may have from the "loved" one?

By the way i Love My wife and my baby Boy!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 10:16 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Isn't this like asking if fear exists, or if confusion exists, or if humor exists? They are simply states of awareness that influence behavior.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:25 PM

41 posts, read 60,754 times
Any common doctor will describe Fear with a special terminology ( I'm sure its a chemical unbalance cause by your protection mechanism) Confusion is not been sure in making up a decision( again your defence mechanism). Humor comes with evolution ( the sense of interpreting something into a memory that you may have and triggers a reaction on your nerves system ) then you just laugh.

But love?..........

Old 03-29-2010, 10:48 PM

355 posts, read 615,771 times
Love is a fixation of libido.
But does it change anything? One day every emotion will have exact scientific explanation. Does it mean you will give up on it? When the scientists explain why a person needs to worship a God, will you lose your faith?
One writer said: "there's no actual happiness, you can just feel happy". That's good enough for me.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:02 PM

151 posts, read 326,276 times
yes.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:10 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Some can love and some cannot. Humans have discussed the difference since we learned to talk.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:56 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,917 times
Love does exist.
It is a chemical reaction and it has an intangible and unfathomable form as well.
It will continue to exist as long as there are living beings in the infinite multiverses who sacrifice and place others welfare above there own.
This includes humans, animals and all parts of nature because each part of nature gives of itself so that the cycle can continue in some fashion.
Even natural extinction has a place because other parts of nature evolve from that.

Some beings cannot or choose not to love because of different reasons.
Just their nature and sometimes it benefits those beings to function in a way that does not include love. Sometimes the lack of love is harmful and malevolent.
It can even warp and twist into obsession or hate.

In my humble opinion.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:03 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by othan79 View Post
I ones heard i person say: loves doesn't really exist, its all about chemical reactions in the brain that bring you closer to another person. a don't agree with him but i wonder how true could it be that we are just evolved animals that put the word love to translate the bond between humans , is it just affection? like other animals? don't we hate like they do? get sad when we lose our mother like most animals do?
most people say animals don't really LOVE , they just like you and have a bond with there keeper.
Lets start with a simple question.
Does love deepens on our souls ? on a spiritual connection? or just a chemical reaction from our brain that comes from the dependency we may have from the "loved" one?

By the way i Love My wife and my baby Boy!!!
Everyone has a survival instinct. Regardless of the circumstances, we always choose the actions that will result in self-preservation at any cost. My definition of love is that it is the only emotion which can over-ride this programing.

If you would die to save someone then that is love to me. And I don't mean "take a chance" that you could die, as in saving a person from drowning, I mean stare certain death in the face and choose it to save and protect a loved one.

20yrsinBranson

Last edited by 20yrsinBranson; 03-30-2010 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 03-30-2010, 11:03 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
Love exists yes. However the definition of love is what is debateable.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:14 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Isn't this like asking if fear exists, or if confusion exists, or if humor exists? They are simply states of awareness that influence behavior.
I'm with you here. Love can be seen or even better experienced as a state or level of consciousness. It is specifically calibrated at 500 in the Point of View Continuum* on a logrithmic scale which can be calibrated and verified by those such as David R. Hawkins.

It's hard to achieve for some because you sort of have to go from your "head" to your "heart" to do so. If you're spiritual/religious, you would say that it comes from God to us... as is the case with any "Power". Any state of consciousness that is of integrity comes from God or the "Source" as power and is above 200. Those states below 200 are demonic and only take and are called "force". Thank goodness they have a low state collectively, but operate on the individual in a "forceful" way. Lower states of energy like Pride (175), Anger (150), Desire (125), Fear (100), Grief (75), Apathy (50), Guilt (30), Shame (20), etc. which may be held by many people can be cancelled out by one or a few with the highly powerful state of Love (500).

The states from 200 up are as follows;

Courage - 200
Neutrality - 250
Willingness - 310
Acceptance - 350
Reason - 400
Love - 500
Joy - 540
Peace - 600
Enlightenment 700-1000

This is just an opinion, but I would say that an animal could be capable of love, especially ones who hang out with caring and loving people, for whenever we show "caring" and "reverence", this is the emotion of love. Have you not seen an animal that seems to care and show reverence?

Reverence; extreme honor and respect for someone.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates