Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2014, 05:39 AM

728 posts, read 1,899,549 times

Advertisements

It seems that not a week goes by lately without some celebrity or other announcing to the media that they are gay. It almost seems like it's the trendy thing to do these days since most of these celebrities make such a big deal about it, some even holding press conferences to make it official. I'm all for gay rights and support their rights to marry and all the bells and whistles but it seems like this coming out stuff is becoming so common that it's pretty much losing the serious nature of it all.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:15 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,938,961 times
No, I just think that homosexuals are beginning to have fewer apprehensions about going public with their sexuality. As homosexuals and their same-sex relationships have continuously shed their stigma, their "lifestyles" are something that can be revealed and, I would contend, taken more seriously than before.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:50 PM

24,476 posts, read 17,220,223 times
I don't get it. I don't go marching down the street with a sign stating I'm heterosexual. I have friends that are gay, heck 3 months ago I went to one of their weddings. Good people but we dont' talk about what goes on in the bedroom.
I think our highly sexualised media is pushing this on everyone without giving it a thought. I think about the poor parent of a young child that asks the question "What is gay" The innocence is gone. Gay people have always been amongst us LOL I just don't know why it has to be a big deal. Why did that football guy come out?? I'm sure everyone in the locker room was like "so what" as long as the guy trains hard and plays well what does it matter... ah publicity??
I believe that people should be judged by their merits not by what they get up to at home behind closed doors but for some reason, blame Obama, everything today needs to be "TRANSPARENT" NO it doesn't.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
everybody and anybody that is a white male would love to be anything absolutely anything else. i have not seen this much shame sold and purchased for things you never did, so far in my life.

Old 02-16-2014, 03:54 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
It seems that not a week goes by lately without some celebrity or other announcing to the media that they are gay. It almost seems like it's the trendy thing to do these days since most of these celebrities make such a big deal about it, some even holding press conferences to make it official. I'm all for gay rights and support their rights to marry and all the bells and whistles but it seems like this coming out stuff is becoming so common that it's pretty much losing the serious nature of it all.
It's like hipsters all over again. Except more fabulous!

Old 02-16-2014, 04:43 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,948,582 times
No, it isn't "cool" to be gay. How can it be "cool" to be something you have no control over? The question itself is rather ignorant of the entire topic.

Old 02-16-2014, 04:59 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't get it. I don't go marching down the street with a sign stating I'm heterosexual.
Yes you do. Everytime you openly talk about your significant other, crushes or whatever... join in at oggling a pretty girl walking down the street... put a picture of your significant other on your desk at work or tag them as your romantic partner on Facebook... casually drop that you have plans with your girlfriend/wife.... walk down the street holding her hand or giving her a quick kiss goodbye outside... you are declaring to the world you are straight.

Quote:
I think about the poor parent of a young child that asks the question "What is gay" The innocence is gone.
Innocence? Kids don't usually give a crap once you tell them, they just keep it moving.

Kids React to Gay Marriage - YouTube

Quote:
Why did that football guy come out?? I'm sure everyone in the locker room was like "so what" as long as the guy trains hard and plays well what does it matter... ah publicity??
Dude. Do you not watch ESPN? How could you think football is this big accepting community? You really need to google this and read up.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:01 PM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times
A little publicity never hurts when you are trying to uphold your celebrity status.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:19 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,707,016 times
I think that if a gay person doesnt "State" their sexuality, its like they have something to hide...which is pretty ridiculous since nobody really should care what they do behind closed doors. Its unfortunate that there are still a lot of people in this country that want to see "traditional" relationships, but i have to say that i think anyone who cares what someone else is doing with their lives is the one we should be "concerned" about. People need to get up, get out, take a walk, smell the air, soak in the sunshine and stop worrying about what others are doing.

Old 02-16-2014, 06:46 PM

447 posts, read 1,044,251 times
Its part of the indoctrination campaign by the gays to force their lifestyle choice down America's throat. By 'popularizing' the idea of gayness as coolness they are furthering their agenda.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1223889.html

Cynthia Nixon admitted being gay was her choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates