Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 01:59 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,980,967 times

Advertisements

Day by day Muslim extremism is becoming a global threat to world peace.
While all fanaticism is negative; fanaticism that is based on religion is the most virulent and among the fanatics of various religions, the Muslims are the most violent and cruel.

In this scenario people all across the world would be given a choice of submitting to Islam or be treated as second class citizens (by wearing a badge to identify themselves as non-Muslims as is being done today in that "ideal" Islamic society of Taliban ruled Afghanistan). In addition they would have to pay the penal tax (Jaziya) to the Muslim rulers. The honor of their womenfolk would always be in danger of being violated by the Mujahideen and Ghazis (Islamic warriors). The lives of non-Muslims would always be in peril and at the mercy of the whims of the Muslim rulers, who would have a perpetual and perennial hatred of the non-Muslims.
The non-Muslims, I would imaging would be given the option of committing to Islam or suffer torture or death at any time,

But let's say that this were to happen. That the world were to give into Muslim Jihad and submit to their reign and fall into a global dictatorship.

What is the Jihadist's end-game? What would they fight for then? If they had it all, where would they look to in order to find a cause worthy of their beliefs?

I have wondered about these questions, and it can be posed for all fanatical sects out there, if you fight for a cause that has no end-game, what happens when you reach that end?

I was reading an article today that started me thinking of these and other questions related to Jihad and how they plan on living in their Utopia once they win it, and it seems to me that there's no end to Jihad. That even if they won, there would have to be another Jihad in order to keep the fight going... Perhaps a Jihad on devout Muslims that they suspect were not pure at heart or what have you.

There Can Be No End to Jihad' | Christianity Today

Fact is: Jihad can never end. Do you agree or disagree with this statement??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 02:07 PM

233 posts, read 344,418 times
Radical Islam isn't compatible with modern state development, so jihadist political entities won't be able to effectively organize people and resources.

Therefore, any political victories will be unsustainable. Quite simply, they can't "win".

Old 07-02-2014, 02:13 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,789,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Escondudo View Post
Radical Islam isn't compatible with modern state development, so jihadist political entities won't be able to effectively organize people and resources.

Therefore, any political victories will be unsustainable. Quite simply, they can't "win".
1) Glad I will be dead by then

2) dont underestimate the power and consequences of chaos.

Most of human history of civilization is the history of slavery. Maybe the pygmies, maybe the Andaman islanders, maybe the Khoisan were ignored, due to their isolation, but in fact, the history of the last several thousand years is a hisoty of the enslavement of most of us.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escondudo View Post

Radical Islam is the exact opposite of modern state development, in fact if they won, then humanity would technically have to come to stand-still. All thoughts, inventions, developments, etc would cease.

This is certainly hypothetical, but could we live in a world where all progress completely stopped, and how could such a world sustain itself without progress? Would we all become farmers, herders, etc and what would be done with the "leaders" who stepped out of these limitations? Would they be put to death? 100 lashes?

This is a huge flaw in Jihad, the fact that your greatest minds, your top leaders and innovators would be put down because of your beliefs, is a glaring flaw in the thought process.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:48 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,771,520 times
My personal belief is that all the violence and anger coming from the radical muslims is the last kick of a dying animal. The majority of muslims in the world are not extremists but those in control tend to the extreme side. The problem with Islam is they have no defense against the encroachment of the modern world. If one item in their beliefs fall the whole edifice comes tumbling down. The extremists are battling to keep the modern world at bay but they can't win because they can't turn back the clock on all the advances that have happened socially and technologically in the last century. They aren't going to keep the idea of womans right from women forever. All a muslim girl has to do is turn on TV and she sees women playing basketball and some of them bossing men around as executives. Those women are going to ask why they can't do that too.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:35 AM

23,217 posts, read 29,026,930 times
Think! Whom have no love for the Muslim population and what are they potentially capable of?

India! China! The Buddhist countries! The Christian countries!

As it's been said: Nothing succeeds like excess!

One of these days, when the Muslim extremists step out of line too far, I can see it happening: the biggest genocide ever to sweep the world!

No, the U.S. won't lead the way, it will be China and India! And if they do a good job of it, we can sit back and plead innocence, or feign disgust over it!

Genghis Kahn swept down into the Middle East, during the 1300's, and killed millions. Who's to say it won't happen again to finally bring some everlasting peace to the world!!!

Fat chance the Muslims would be victors in another world war!

Old 07-03-2014, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
My personal belief is that all the violence and anger coming from the radical muslims is the last kick of a dying animal. The majority of muslims in the world are not extremists but those in control tend to the extreme side. The problem with Islam is they have no defense against the encroachment of the modern world. If one item in their beliefs fall the whole edifice comes tumbling down. The extremists are battling to keep the modern world at bay but they can't win because they can't turn back the clock on all the advances that have happened socially and technologically in the last century. They aren't going to keep the idea of womans right from women forever. All a muslim girl has to do is turn on TV and she sees women playing basketball and some of them bossing men around as executives. Those women are going to ask why they can't do that too.
I agree with most of this. I don't however think they are a dying breed as of yet, in fact extremism seems to be growing around the world currently. Or at least making more noise. Places like London, where several neighborhoods have declared Sharia law to be in affect, the ISIS purging in Iraq, Syria's civil war which is basically fuels by extremist fundamentalists, the list goes on and on.

It's funny, but I feel that the only way these extremists can continue to thrive and grow is by using technology. We have probably all seen one of their recruitment videos online, if not google it. They rely heavily on youtube, facebook, and several other social media outlets to spread their message, which is a complete opposite of what they preach.

If our social media giants were to ban such extremist views from their sites (which they can't and won't due to groups like the ACLU and freedom of speech lawyers), it would probably have a profound affect on the numbers of these groups, because it would be much harder for them to recruit foreign fighters.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:41 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,771,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I agree with most of this. I don't however think they are a dying breed as of yet, in fact extremism seems to be growing around the world currently. Or at least making more noise. Places like London, where several neighborhoods have declared Sharia law to be in affect, the ISIS purging in Iraq, Syria's civil war which is basically fuels by extremist fundamentalists, the list goes on and on.

It's funny, but I feel that the only way these extremists can continue to thrive and grow is by using technology. We have probably all seen one of their recruitment videos online, if not google it. They rely heavily on youtube, facebook, and several other social media outlets to spread their message, which is a complete opposite of what they preach.

If our social media giants were to ban such extremist views from their sites (which they can't and won't due to groups like the ACLU and freedom of speech lawyers), it would probably have a profound affect on the numbers of these groups, because it would be much harder for them to recruit foreign fighters.
The last kick of a dying animal is the hardest and Islamic extremism isn't going to go down easy. But I think a some of what we attribute to muslim extremism is more a rage against authority while using Islam as a reason. Young muslims in prison are shown not to really have an interest in islam. Most are in there for drug offences etc. As far as blacks turning to Islam in prison it is a way to say to the white man that they aren't surrendering to white beliefs. But that's another subject onto itself.
The general muslim populations in arab countries are like people everywhere with concerns about food prices, schools, and everyday mundane things. In many muslim countries you can find pork but its behind the counter. They drink alcohol and have car sales called Ramadan sales etc. Islam is watered down like chrisianity and isn't anything like it used to be. Those people don't support the radicals. I think eventually radical islam will change and someday it won't be radical anymore. That's my belief. But like I say they aren't going down without a fight and it may get real messy before its over.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:38 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,704,318 times
In Iraq it's Sunni Muslims killing Shia's. It's a Muslim civil war there. Islam is killing it's self.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:31 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
They will never win a conventional war but thats not how they fight, i think there strategy is to just kill every one on Earth, then the last guy left alive takes his own life in the name of Allah.
I dont understand their logic but obviously they have some insane view that their way is best for the world..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates