Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 11:40 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,892,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I am wondering at what point in the life of logical it became necessary to make bathroom rules. One would think a sign on the door of "ladies and gentlemen" would be enough. Has America really become this dumb? I think it is possible that we have. That became abundantly clear with the pre-made dinner I warmed up last week told me to use a pot holder to take the cookie sheet I had it on out of a 400 degree oven. I think our court system needs a review and maybe a sanity check. Many things I hear about our courts and city councils sound insane. It is sad our state is having to take it on the chin for making the necessary laws to do away with the insanity of the former.
Most bathroom signs depict a person in a dress and a person in pants... So, ladies wearing jeans use the wrong bathroom most of the time.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:41 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
Any sick-minded male could stick a dress and a wig on, pretending he's cross-gender just to get his kicks (and to be fair to the guys, women could dress like men and have manly looking hairdoos)
They could have done that at any time before this law though, and is there any evidence that's ever happened? You could probably find more stories about Republican politicians acting inappropriately in public restrooms than transgendered people doing the same. Honestly, you may have shared a restroom with a trans person before, and never knew it and nothing bad happened. This is all a tempest in a teapot.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 04-12-2016 at 12:06 PM..

Old 04-12-2016, 11:51 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Most bathroom signs depict a person in a dress and a person in pants... So, ladies wearing jeans use the wrong bathroom most of the time.
Thank you for proving the point that some Americans are idiots. lol

Old 04-12-2016, 11:54 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Heterosexual and homosexual people have been sharing facilities since there were facilities to share. Being gay is more widely accepted now and an exuberantly gay person in a rainbow shirt can saunter into a restroom at any time. We all survived. Get over this need to peek in people's pants to see if they are pre-op or post-op.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:58 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Heterosexual and homosexual people have been sharing facilities since there were facilities to share. Being gay is more widely accepted now and an exuberantly gay person in a rainbow shirt can saunter into a restroom at any time. We all survived. Get over this need to peek in people's pants to see if they are pre-op or post-op.
Seriously.

"Penis check in line 1"

Good grief.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Thank you for proving the point that some Americans are idiots. lol
Did you just admit of doing the same mistake?

Old 04-12-2016, 12:33 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,490,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the South View Post
Yes, you should have to use the men's bathroom if you have a penis. My wife and daughter do not want penises in the women's room. We don't care if you feel more like a woman. We don't care if you feel like a woman everyday only or just today. You have a penis, so use the men's room.

The right to your lifestyle is your choice. Do what you want in your own bedroom, but stay out of the women's room.
YES! a Penis belongs in the men's room, and a vagina belongs in the women's room, regardless of what the person attached to it thinks they are.

I was called "discriminatory" on the other thread because I dared to say so. It's not discriminatory, it's common sense.

UNTIL the operation is performed, it is STILL MALE. It can STILL produce sperm and it can procreate with that.
UNTILL the operation, it is STILL FEMALE and can STILL have children if it wants.

It DOES NOT MATTER what/who they think they are.

I was about 5 when I begged my mother to let me go to the men's room by myself. I no longer wanted to see vaginas, breasts or any bloody feminine care products any more! Granted, I didn't want to see penises either, but at least I was around my own.

Women on here apparently have never been in a large public men's room, they are NOT ALL STALLS with 4 walls and a door! URINALS are often just 4-6" apart and lined up 4 or 5 along the wall. Most modern built restrooms now have dividers between them, but older restrooms don't. Peripheral vision is a wonderful thing, until you see what's hanging out of the guy's pants next to you, NO MATTER where you look.

It was commented in the other thread that I must make it a habit of checking out other men's "equipment".
NO, One cannot live a life going into the men's room WITHOUT EVER seeing another penis! They are hanging out all over the place {literally and figuratively}. I have seen lots of penises in the urinal next to mine without EVER "checking his equipment"-DARN PERIPHERAL VISION-, even staring straight ahead and *hoping* I am aiming in the right direction.
SOme guys, who are rather larger and longer like to show off their wares for all to see. The shorter ones usually "hug the urinal", hoping no one will notice it's small.
ANd let's NOT even discuss the so called "glory holes" drilled or cut into the stall walls, especially the large gaping ones next to the TP dispenser! { for the ladies: it is a hole between stalls for a willing and daring man to stick his through hoping for some cheap thrill from the other side}.
Fortunately modern public men's rooms have dividers between the Urinals, and stall walls designed to deter would-be drillers of glory holes, and now have "attendants" on duty to deter any, er, um, unusual "activities" from taking place.

I have seen probably thousands of penises-in the 4th-12thgrade locker room/showers, in the college locker room/showers, in the gym locker room/showers, in the nudist beaches and colonies I have visited {GASP!}, and YES {GASP AGAIN} In the dog gone MEN'S ROOM, for gibberdy's sake!!! AND I never had to "LOOK" to see them.

One doesn't have to LQQK to see one...they are everywhere in the men's room! Long ones, short ones, fat ones skinny ones, even ones with chicken pox on them, in the men's room!!!

Yes, I wholeheartedly say AGAIN, A penis belongs in the men's room, and a vagina belongs in the women's room.

Until THAT is changed, they should be using the room designed for their equipment-even when they dislike them.

ANd don't you dare look at mine....{oh get over it! look all you want-I don't care- you'll cry, gawk, or laugh soon enough.}

Old 04-12-2016, 12:41 PM

I never recall seeing a penis in the men's room ever. And I'm 40 years old and I've used male room all my life.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:44 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,465,877 times
I'm gay myself, and I agree with this statement. Bathrooms are for number one and number two. If you got a schmeckle, use the schmeckle room. Gender identity is irrelevant to taking a whiz.

Old 04-12-2016, 12:47 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
YES! a Penis belongs in the men's room, and a vagina belongs in the women's room, regardless of what the person attached to it thinks they are.

I was called "discriminatory" on the other thread because I dared to say so. It's not discriminatory, it's common sense.

UNTIL the operation is performed, it is STILL MALE. It can STILL produce sperm and it can procreate with that.
UNTILL the operation, it is STILL FEMALE and can STILL have children if it wants.

It DOES NOT MATTER what/who they think they are.

I was about 5 when I begged my mother to let me go to the men's room by myself. I no longer wanted to see vaginas, breasts or any bloody feminine care products any more! Granted, I didn't want to see penises either, but at least I was around my own.

Women on here apparently have never been in a large public men's room, they are NOT ALL STALLS with 4 walls and a door! URINALS are often just 4-6" apart and lined up 4 or 5 along the wall. Most modern built restrooms now have dividers between them, but older restrooms don't. Peripheral vision is a wonderful thing, until you see what's hanging out of the guy's pants next to you, NO MATTER where you look.

It was commented in the other thread that I must make it a habit of checking out other men's "equipment".
NO, One cannot live a life going into the men's room WITHOUT EVER seeing another penis! They are hanging out all over the place {literally and figuratively}. I have seen lots of penises in the urinal next to mine without EVER "checking his equipment"-DARN PERIPHERAL VISION-, even staring straight ahead and *hoping* I am aiming in the right direction.
SOme guys, who are rather larger and longer like to show off their wares for all to see. The shorter ones usually "hug the urinal", hoping no one will notice it's small.
ANd let's NOT even discuss the so called "glory holes" drilled or cut into the stall walls, especially the large gaping ones next to the TP dispenser! { for the ladies: it is a hole between stalls for a willing and daring man to stick his through hoping for some cheap thrill from the other side}.
Fortunately modern public men's rooms have dividers between the Urinals, and stall walls designed to deter would-be drillers of glory holes, and now have "attendants" on duty to deter any, er, um, unusual "activities" from taking place.

I have seen probably thousands of penises-in the 4th-12thgrade locker room/showers, in the college locker room/showers, in the gym locker room/showers, in the nudist beaches and colonies I have visited {GASP!}, and YES {GASP AGAIN} In the dog gone MEN'S ROOM, for gibberdy's sake!!! AND I never had to "LOOK" to see them.

One doesn't have to LQQK to see one...they are everywhere in the men's room! Long ones, short ones, fat ones skinny ones, even ones with chicken pox on them, in the men's room!!!

Yes, I wholeheartedly say AGAIN, A penis belongs in the men's room, and a vagina belongs in the women's room.

Until THAT is changed, they should be using the room designed for their equipment-even when they dislike them.

ANd don't you dare look at mine....{oh get over it! look all you want-I don't care- you'll cry, gawk, or laugh soon enough.}

In a unisex bathroom, if a penis was hanging in a closed-in bathroom stall (with none of those peep/glory holes you just told us about), would you know it was a penis? Would you see that penis in your peripheral vision?
Take out the urinals altogether and go into stalls only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates