Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2016, 10:09 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,864,534 times

Advertisements

WARNING to anyone offended by frank discussions of a sexual nature Do not read any farther!

Remember Jocelyn Elder anyone? She was the head lady in charge of administering health care programs in Bill Clinton's time in office. Surgeon General was her title I believe. In a speech she suggested that maybe a solution to the MASSIVE problem of the numbers of unwanted pregnancies in our country would be to teach and encourage masturbation in our schools sex education classes. She was ridiculed by both the Left and the Right plus God fearing Christians and Atheists and almost everyone.. Morality aside I think MS Elder was 100% right on this issue. I might suggest not just teaching MASTURBATION in School Sex Education classes but also Oral Sex.

How many billion$ could be saved in welfare payments, medical bills by teaching these two things? We all know the only form of Birth Control that works 100% of the time is abstaining from sex but folks in the know tell us that that is impossible for NORMAL human Beings. Oral sex and masturbation are probably 99.999%effective also. There would still be the issue of STDs with ORAL sex but as far as I know it is almost impossible to get AIDS, the CLAP or any other disease other than blisters maybe from Masturbation. To those of you that are Pro-Choice wouldn't this be a lot better than abortion?

Something to consider.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:54 AM

2,190 posts, read 2,232,387 times
It's unrealistic to expect people not to have sex. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with having sex, I don't understand why American society considers the subject taboo. Consenting sex between two adults (or more) is a good and healthy thing. As far as abortion I think that is something the government shouldn't be involved in. Women should be the ones who decide weather aborting a child is a good idea. The government should not create laws because religious leaders say abortion is immoral. Church and state should stay separate.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:39 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,152 times
Proper sex education is a must.

My sex ed consisted of looking at scary pictures of STDs, talking vaguely about things like condoms (making sure we know they're not 100% effective), basic human reproduction knowledge, and why abstinence is good. To my school's credit, at least that latter wasn't all my sex education was, as is the case apparently in places in the US.

No talk about consent, orgasm, masturbation, relationship, or how to raise a child, all of which I would say are essential in talking about sex education. Yet, we stere away from these things because some groups think they're of the devil. I'm of course talking about Christian Conservatives.

The founding fathers understood why religions and government should be separate. They saw what happened when they got too close. Now a faction of conservatives are out to bring them closer together because they were raised by parents so ill equipped to be parents that they never learned to understand that just because you believe something, not everyone should be expected to agree. Reality shows that sex education leads to fewer cases of unwanted pregnancy and less incidents of STD transmission. This is based on reality, regardless of what people believe. Schools should be based in reality, not belief, especially ones that are funded by tax payers.

To the Christian conservatives, by all means, teach what you want at home. You be the reason your kid gets herpes. I don't care. But you don't get to be the reason why other kids get herpes. We need to prepare young people for real things. Sex is unavoidable. People enjoy having it. Again, you believe it's a sin all you want (God shouldn't have invented the orgasm, just saying), but I'm sticking with what we know about human biology and psychology. Since you are illiterate in this, please do the world a favor and stay out of discussions concerning education.

Old 06-08-2016, 01:40 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,779,430 times
"Rant" type threads do not meet the definition of a debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates