Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2017, 10:17 PM

14,400 posts, read 14,321,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Neither Arafat, Abbas or Mashal want a solution. As proven by Arafat who pocketed Billions, the other two and their inner circles have become Millionaires from major skimming of donated funds. None of them want to give that up.

Israel had gotten tired of the negotiation line being moved by the Arabs for 50 years. Judea and Samaria was signed over to Israel by Jordan in 1994 per the Treaty and it belongs to Israel. If the Arab citizens refuse to become Israeli citizens and Jordan won't let them in then the citizens have created their own catch-22. Israel has gone the legal route looking for the deeded owners of land and if none is found, then Israel will authorize construction of a town. UN resolutions & International Law are worthless as they are based on territories that never became a nation when the Mandate ended. Instead they were both annexed by Egypt and Jordan that to this day the UN resolutions & International Law have amnesia to ever happening.

While Fatah (PLO) and Hamas have grips on the territories there will never be negotiations. They are too busy filling their pockets with all the donated funds. Arabs born in other nations are not refugees no matter what the UN states. The country they are born in not allowing anchor babies is the problem of the international community and not Israel. At this point the only refugees are the ones who are 69 or older. No other country has created generational refugees for any other people that were displaced, thus Israel does not need to follow a standard set only for them.

Israel has tried to negotiate by giving in to pre-conditions. Once they were all met, new ones were created by the Arabs. Thus we already know the Arab pre-conditions does not lead anywhere. Israel has already given up Gaza, so whatever issues are there is their own problem. As to Judea and Samaria Israel had no issue of it being a international city per the Mandate. But since the Arabs cut them off from it after the armistice, Israel is not about to give it up again. There are numerous other sites in Judea and Samaria that Jews were forbidden access to before 1967. Yet now, everyone has access to them and Israel is not going to allow that to change.
So is your point that Israel should never negotiate with the Palestinians and Arabs at all?

Old 01-07-2017, 10:25 PM

504 posts, read 300,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Yeah, I would say that Israel does a good job taking care of itself. They've kicked butt and taken names in all the wars they've been in. They don't need our help.

I also don't see the advantages of our relationship with Israel. So it's a quasi-European democracy in the Mideast. So what?

If anything, it makes us a terror target and drags us into geopolitical problems we never asked for. Funny that the Arab world didn't really care one way or another about America before the creation of Israel.
Exactly. Let Israel stand by itself. I think we would be amazed how quickly they would come to the table trying to actually find solutions to the Palestinians rather than being as recalcitrant as they have been.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:29 PM

13,781 posts, read 8,019,999 times
The Jewish people needed a place to call home after WWII. Nobody wanted them so they got sent to the Middle East.

Put on land they supposedly owned thousands of years ago but now occupied by others who had no say in the matter.

Fast-forward to 2017 and it's a mess without a solution. The State of Israel isn't moving and the Arabs want them gone. There is no room for compromise. Either Israel stays or they go.

My guess is this will end badly for both. It's only a matter of time.

The U.S. needs to keep out of it.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:30 PM

50,867 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Yeah, I would say that Israel does a good job taking care of itself. They've kicked butt and taken names in all the wars they've been in. They don't need our help.

I also don't see the advantages of our relationship with Israel. So it's a quasi-European democracy in the Mideast. So what?

If anything, it makes us a terror target and drags us into geopolitical problems we never asked for. Funny that the Arab world didn't really care one way or another about America before the creation of Israel.
Exactly.

We pay a huge price for that plot of sand.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:42 PM

10,069 posts, read 7,247,467 times
If I were in charge, I'd tell

1) Israel - the U.S. will cut every dime of aid and weapons discounts unless you support a Palestinian state. Shut up about those stupid settlements. Shouldn't have built them in the first damn place. Remove them, pay market value to the owners & resettle the occupants.

2) Palestine. You are going to take the country offered you or shut up. If you become a terror country, it won't be good for you.

Old 01-07-2017, 10:53 PM

50,867 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:

1) Israel - the U.S. will cut every dime of aid and weapons discounts unless you support a Palestinian state. Shut up about those stupid settlements. Shouldn't have built them in the first damn place. Remove them, pay market value to the owners & resettle the occupants.

2) Palestine. You are going to take the country offered you or shut up. If you become a terror country, it won't be good for you.
Bravo.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:42 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,767,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
So is your point that Israel should never negotiate with the Palestinians and Arabs at all?
Israel has had ten leaders since the mandate ended and their pendulum has swung everywhere between left and right. The Arabs have had two from the same party (the third doesn't really count as he became leader by coup in Gaza). The two act as if they won all the wars and want to negotiate Israel into not existing. Thus Israel has no one to negotiate with.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:39 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,767,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

We pay a huge price for that plot of sand.
No, Israelis pay a huge price for that plot of sand.

News from The Associated Press

Israelis don't drive into Arab towns and mow down dozens of people and then back up over them to kill more.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:46 AM

18,132 posts, read 25,304,323 times
Quote:

Makes too much sense, it's not going to happen
Politicians like the never-ending war with things the way they are

Old 01-08-2017, 09:01 AM

504 posts, read 300,369 times
Quote:

Bingo, no question about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.