Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2017, 06:30 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,060,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
haha you've got that wrong.

I never blamed women..I just suggested that MAYBE they're part of the problem. Sorry for thinking...Men are evil, men are stupid, woman are great and never do anything wrong. Better?
No, just more ridiculous. Try living life without the hyperbole or that big chip. none of the problems you describe have anything to do with women. As a man you can still choose to sleep on a newspaper.

Last edited by Gusano; 06-19-2017 at 06:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 07:25 PM

35 posts, read 28,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyweight View Post
When a crime is committed in the US, there's much ado or speculation about the race of the individual. There's often coded language about race, religion, mental health, the weapon used, the tangled relationships or the wealth involved.

They're thugs.
They're muslim.
He's a lone wolf (e.g. crazy).
He's an irresponsible gun owner.
He got rid of her for his mistress.
He collected the life insurance.

However, the media and the population rarely (if ever?) dissect why violent crime is so decidedly, overwhelmingly male. There's often discussion over what to do about those thugs, those immigrants, those religious extremists or those guns. What gets lost, is that men, regardless of race, color, religion, creed, weapon of choice or financial standing are the principal proponents of violence.

Men are half of the population yet are charged with 73% of offenses against family and children, 77% of aggravated assault, 89% of murder and 99% of forcible rape according to 2012 FBI statistics.

Are men raised differently than women, expected (even encouraged) to be more physical?
Are hormones a driving factor?
What is it about men that prevents them from controlling violent impulses?
Is men perpetuating violence ignored because it's simply accepted as nothing exceptional?

A 20F degree day during a Wisconsin winter is nothing of note. A 68 degree day is newsworthy. Is a violent man (murderer, wife beater, rapist, child abuser) just another 20 degree day?
I agree. From what I have learned, human males regardless of race are actually brute savage killers by nature, but what actually tames the male is the female. Males need to be tamed and domesticated but females are born tame and domesticated.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:39 PM

35 posts, read 28,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I disagree. Mens violence is more visible in THIS society. Shootings assaults and the like. You go to other places you'll see different. Women can be extremely violent and sadistic, vicious. It's just more subtle.
Women do kill but it's either because they've been wronged or it's over money. And when women do kill it's mostly in the same manner in that they poison their victim or they murder their victim while they are sleeping.

Men it's just no comparison. Males kill for sport. Just for the thrill of hunting someone and having the power to make a person beg to spare their life. Take a man like Gary Ridgeway, murdered around 48 women for no reason. Or Robert Hansen who would abduct women and let them loose in the remote woods of Alaska only to hunt them down and kill them.

I know a former cop. He told me in America at any given time you have at least 30 serial killers criss crossing country. They're all males and when they arrest one serial killer another pops up.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:50 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,112,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
Sounds like there are still plenty of men being "thrashed" and forced to pay child support for kids they did not produce.

"A report issued by the American Association of Blood Banks found that nearly 30 percent of paternity tests conducted in the U.S. reveal that the man being tested is not the biological father. Partially as a result of the availability of DNA paternity testing, thousands of fathers are discovering that “their†child is someone else’s. But, many of these “duped dads†continue to be responsible for the payment of child support or suffer the consequences of jail."

and, "Too many states adhere to an archaic 500-year-old English common-law doctrine that a married man is always legally presumed the father of a child born of the marriage, even if he is not the biological father. Unmarried men can be court ordered to pay child support for children they did not father through default paternity and child support judgments. Such judgments can be court ordered without the alleged father’s knowledge."

"Maybe if we didn't encourage such behavior by enslaving men to pay for it we wouldn't have so much of it? But courts are notorious for continuing child support even when it has been proven the man named is not the biological father. With few exceptions we can assume that a minimum of 90,000 men a year are being indentured for onerous payments for a period of at least 18 years in the United States. That would suggest that, at a minimum, 1.6 million men are enslaved today by the courts to pay for other men's children (90,000 men per year for 18 years)."[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]1.6M Men Pay Child Support For Kids That Aren't Theirs (DNA)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]
And that's the slam dunk cases, then the who knows how many more 10's of millions of children produced where the man thought that the relationship was solid but the woman left anyways and managed to get the child support payments sky high so that she can maintain her life style in a $3000/month apartment that she cant afford ... for the kids of course. Even though she cant afford to take care of the kids with out the support yet they don't award custody to the dad even after the kid is older.

I get that a kid younger than like 4-5 needs mom but some time after that things need to be re-evaluated and mom should not be getting automatic payments or custody.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:02 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,112,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance001 View Post
I agree. From what I have learned, human males regardless of race are actually brute savage killers by nature, but what actually tames the male is the female. Males need to be tamed and domesticated but females are born tame and domesticated.
The only reason US culture is not more out of hand is because of our massive police state, anyone that retaliates an injustice it will be their end game because the police state will make sure they end you once your identified.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:43 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,420,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Don't twist my words. First I said women CAN BE extremely violent. Second WOMEN ARE more SADISTIC than men when it comes to violence. I speak from my personal observations, with my own eyes via my travels in this world and my life in general. Do a google search for yourself. One of the first things I will tell a woman when I'm getting to know her is that I do not hit anyone unless I am hit first or attacked by them. I will do what is necessary to protect myself up to and including breaking bones. The warning works very well.

I wonder if you've ever been out in the world or know any history.
So in other words, it is your personal opinion based on your anecdotal evidence.

Still waiting to see which societies you were referencing when you made your initial post to this thread on the first page. Several posters asked you to elaborate and you flat out ignored them. Just like you will flat out ignore this, since you have nothing.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:17 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,619,989 times
Quote:

I can agree with this in principal. But much depends on the methodology a woman adheres to in "taming" man. I have known two women in my life who were able to completely defuse me from a red rage with just their voice. My ex wife was NOT one of them. She always made things worse. relationship dynamics have changed a lot and not for the better in many areas in the last 30 years give or take.

There's a lot more focus on materialism and a lot less on actual desire to be together as a couple. And when a relationship ends the gloves come off and it's like two hyenas fighting over a piece of meat. The very basic dynamic encourages violence. That old song What's Love got to do with It comes to mind for me. Any more...not much.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:35 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,281,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
You guys really need to stop retelling the long-outdated tale of poor, beleaguered husbands being "thrashed" in divorce. It's now largely an urban myth.
While what you had to go through is absolutely awful, statistics show that mothers tend to win a larger share of custody in divorce rulings and a more favorable outcome in terms of alimony payments overall.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:51 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,060,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
While what you had to go through is absolutely awful, statistics show that mothers tend to win a larger share of custody in divorce rulings and a more favorable outcome in terms of alimony payments overall.
Mothers are, unfortunately, still more likely to be at an economic disadvantage than the father. They also tend to have custody. The courts are, and should be, concerned for the welfare of the children. Alimony or spousal support is generally short-term and transitional in goal except in outlier cases.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:23 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,569,326 times
Quote:
Women are passive and weak. Men are strong and aggressive. At the end of the day, human beings are just the most intelligent animals on the planet. They are arrogant, xenophobic savages. That's just the way things are. If you believe that women are inherently good and kind then you are naive. They are just as bad as men in their own way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates