Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 05:07 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zengha View Post
With all these cases of cops getting away with cold blooded murder it got me thinking.

Perhaps think about the close to 1 million street cops in America and how unlikely it is for someone to be "murdered" by a police officer. And be thankful that there are people willing to do a thankless job for low pay and have to put up with ignorant inflammatory comments like yours who want to make a dangerous job even more dangerous.

Perhaps a better solution is the pull the police out of the neighborhoods where they are not welcome and let those people deal with things for a while. See how that goes.

Old 08-20-2018, 06:09 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
The last time I was harrassed by Agents.....I am SURE they were trying to goad me into doing something stupid. THEN, my arrest, or even better, my neutralization would have been totally justified.

The OP has a great point!!!

Old 08-20-2018, 09:06 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,381,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Your bigoted, biased, inflammatory rant defies rational response.

Yet, when/if something happens to you or your property, you are probably the first to call these "nazi, racist, cold-blooded crime-syndicate murderers" to protect you!
It still doesn't give you the right to denounce him like you did. I think you have been reading too much Twitter. If its okay for the pres then its okay for you.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:17 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,381,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchisedec View Post
I don't drink and drive.

However, if a cop ever asked me to perform a " field sobriety test" I would refuse.

I would agree to a breath test /blood test but no cop is going to put me thru a test like a trained monkey and each time I pass devising a more complicated test until I slightly fail and he gets his " ah hah" moment.

Some of those field sobriety tests people would fail when sober.

If you for sure want to end up in handcuffs and jail whether drunk or not, refuse to do the field sob.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:50 AM

2,309 posts, read 900,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
I think they need to disarm cops, They have already proved they can't be responsible with a fire arm.
Oh wait, you're serious.

Old 08-21-2018, 02:41 AM

7,643 posts, read 4,589,722 times
I mean, can't we all agree that an Officer that doesn't shoot a bad guy once in awhile isn't really trying?

Old 08-21-2018, 03:19 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Perhaps think about the close to 1 million street cops in America and how unlikely it is for someone to be "murdered" by a police officer. And be thankful that there are people willing to do a thankless job for low pay and have to put up with ignorant inflammatory comments like yours who want to make a dangerous job even more dangerous.

Perhaps a better solution is the pull the police out of the neighborhoods where they are not welcome and let those people deal with things for a while. See how that goes.
NO ONE should be MURDERED by a police officer....

Old 08-21-2018, 06:21 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,979,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
NO ONE should be MURDERED by a police officer....
I agree, as no one should be murdered by anyone, it's against the law. There's a huge difference between murder and a justified shooting. Point a gun at a cop and get killed, that's not murder.

The murder rate of cops is on par with the rest of the nation, no more no less. They are after-all humans and perform like other humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates