Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2016, 08:30 AM

142 posts, read 343,591 times

Advertisements

I am trying to narrow down an area to live. It seems Greensboro its a little artsy and less expensive than Charlotte, where I was planning to go. My plans may still change, but i am curious what the bus system is like? I s there a link to High point ande winston salem too? How is ride share and carpool service too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 08:37 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,426,286 times
The bus system is functional, but if you're from a large city you may find it lacking. There is sparse service between Greensboro and High Point, but I don't know the specifics.

If you have no car, your best bet is to find a job and a place to live close by. I wouldn't get a job in Winston and live in Greensboro with no car.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:40 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,383,394 times
In Greensboro, most routes have 30 to 60 minutes head times, which makes it pretty hard to use as primary transportation:

City of Greensboro, NC : Daily Routes

Piedmont Authority for Regional Transit (PART) operates buses between G'boro, HP and W-S. Its not frequent service either:

Express Bus Routes

Old 01-06-2016, 08:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
I never road it but the Greensboro bus system seems to be expanding to all Triad cities.
So to answer your question yes there is a bus from Greensboro to High Point and Winston-Salem.
In google, you can type 'bus service from (city of you choice) to (city of your choice). To me, it appears to provide service during peak hours.

I notice PART provides an app to track the bus location. Piedmont Authority for Regional Transportation | It also has info on ride sharing too.

I saw commercial of another service that provides shuttles from Greensboro airport to Charlotte airport but cant find it name at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point