Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2019, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 724 times

Advertisements

Hello all, thanks for reading!

I moved to High Point about 5 years ago and have recently started a family here. I live near the downtown area and love seeing all the new things coming there - breweries, restaurants, a stadium, small manufacturing businesses. I want to be a part of this growth because I believe this area deserves investment.

I would be open to ideas for many kinds of businesses, but my dream is to open a bar+arcade. If you've ever been to Boxcar in Greensboro, you have a pretty good idea of what I'm after. I would love to have it somewhere in the area there between say Brown Truck and the new stadium or somewhere nearby.

My main question is this: Do you all think there would be interest for this type of place in this area? Would people in the area come here rather than an established barcade like Boxcar in Gboro or Reboot in Winston? Would I be relying on HPU students or do you think parents + children from the area would come? How important do you think foot traffic is to this type of thing - would people come just to come to my place or would I need a brewery or restaurant nearby to draw them in?

I'm looking for any and all advice or thoughts. If you think it's a terrible idea, I want to hear from you even more than the ones who think it's a great idea - just please tell me why you think so!

Thanks again for reading, and thank you double for any responses. Have a great weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 09:50 AM

511 posts, read 511,067 times
I like the idea! I think Boxcar is TOO packed on the weekends so clearly there is a market for it in the area. Lots of those people may be coming from High Point. I would say foot traffic is important so if you could set up near a brewery or restaurant it would be worth it. But then again, Boxcar brings lots of people in just for Boxcar and they don't go anywhere else. I get the feeling that HPU students don't leave campus. This could be something that could pull them out of their bubble. Downtown High Point could be SO COOL if people took the risk to open cool places, and if people actually supported it.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:03 AM

120 posts, read 158,594 times
I’d definitely be interested, as would my husband. I also know others here (all over 35 and with children) that would love the idea. I think if you keep a similar old school barcade style, you’d do great. Nostalgia games are a big draw.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:58 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,629,714 times
Get Spy Hunter (especially the seated version) and I'm there.

Old 07-15-2019, 08:07 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,226,364 times
I think there definitely needs to be a marketing campaign towards HPU students. But its a great idea for High Point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point