Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 03:18 PM

120 posts, read 158,594 times

Advertisements

1. Just saw some construction info for Porterhouse to fill the space where Red Mango/MuscleMaker Grill/Fresh Melt/etc have come and gone, next to the theatre. This is at least something that might finally stick.

2. The Country BBQ place on N Main in High Point began finally began building a month or two ago. I posted about it coming over a year ago. haha (assuming this is still what is going there)

3. Looks like the new Starbucks w/drive-thru is making headway where the Thai place used to be on N Main.

4. Wicked Taco now has their signs up in the Publix Shopping Center on N Main.

5. Earth Fare has put in an application for land development on Brian Jordan Pl.

We may have already had a thread like this for High Point but it's a pain in the butt to search for it. So here's a brand spanking new thread for this stuff.

Last edited by KL77; 06-01-2018 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: because I do what I want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2018, 03:32 PM

That said, does anyone know of ANYTHING going in that new strip mall on Eastchester, near Big Lots? It seems like it's been done building for a while but has been at a standstill since.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:23 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,055,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL77 View Post
That said, does anyone know of ANYTHING going in that new strip mall on Eastchester, near Big Lots? It seems like it's been done building for a while but has been at a standstill since.
I drove by there a week ago and it appears to be built and ready for tenants. It seems that there might not have been any tenant interest because nothing is going on with that space.

Old 06-02-2018, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
I drove by there a week ago and it appears to be built and ready for tenants. It seems that there might not have been any tenant interest because nothing is going on with that space.
Pretty much. Even before construction, the sign for the development sat there for years. It's not the BEST spot in that area but you'd think there'd be at least a little bit of interest. The owner's online ad for space seems to be angling for retail and restaurants with an outdoor patio: http://images3.loopnet.com/d2/TWLuqK...U/document.pdf

Anyways, I'm sure they'll get something in there by the end of Summer.

Also meant to mention yesterday that the new Aldi in S Main has started construction. HPE has an article on it this morning, as well.

Old 06-10-2018, 06:00 PM

The AMC theatre on N Main is undergoing $5million in renovations. Hopefully, that's enough money to get rid of the disgusting musty smell that permeates everything there.

Old 06-21-2018, 04:04 AM

Another 6400 sq ft of shop space being built near the Belk on Brian Jordan Pl (Palladium).
This is not the same site as where the Earth Fare is going. Earth Fare is listed at a little over 24000 sq ft.

Last edited by KL77; 06-21-2018 at 04:25 AM..

Old 03-31-2019, 08:44 AM

There's a lot of great info on High Point's recent and near-future economic and retail development in today's High Point Enterprise. They had a whole insert special in there about it. Even had a small bit about the Rich Fork trails on the front page. That was probably one of the most interesting issues of HPE I've read in my time living here. Worth picking up, if you happen to see it in-store.

Old 04-06-2019, 03:13 AM

Plans submitted this week for a Panera Bread coming to 1911 - N Main St. in High Point. This one is slated to have a drive-thru and is just slightly past the new shopping center area if you're heading towards downtown. Paywall, but here's an article: https://hpenews.com/news/7920/panera...s-n-main-site/

Old 04-06-2019, 06:54 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Nice. I love Panera Bread

Old 04-08-2019, 06:45 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,629,299 times
I'm glad to see that area of Main Street picking up. Often, when I hear something new is coming to HP, I find out it's in/around Palladium. Publix, new Starbucks, a couple Breweries, now Panera Bread. I've been to Wicked Taco a few times now. I'm also looking forward to seeing what new development happens in the area around the new baseball stadium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point