Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 09:01 AM

6,163 posts, read 7,241,304 times

Advertisements

Took some photos in downtown Greensboro this morning

Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts

Exterior walls on the Steven Tanger Center for the Performing Arts starting to go up.

Property for sale for development

Not sure what's taking Carroll so long to finish up the rest of the apartment buildings but the exterior of all the buildings are just about complete. Its taking him 4 years to build this!

My first official construction photo of Project Slugger

Hampton Inn and Suites

Site for the future bowling alley which includes the next building over.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 06:11 PM

223 posts, read 145,051 times
You take very beautiful pictures. I look forward to them. Thanks

Old 06-02-2019, 08:32 PM

Thanks!

Took some night time photos downtown. I was amazed that so many people were downtown on a Sunday night. People walking the streets, drinking at bars. Even some of the nightclubs were banging.

Other photos.

Last edited by gsoboi78; 06-02-2019 at 09:22 PM..

Old 06-03-2019, 08:06 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,035,954 times
Great collection of pictures

Old 06-03-2019, 10:41 AM

475 posts, read 686,132 times
Wow. Great pictures!

Old 06-03-2019, 11:22 AM

Thanks!

Old 06-03-2019, 04:16 PM

223 posts, read 145,051 times
I stay part-time in Greensboro and when I do come here, I love walking around your downtown area. it is much nicer than my hometown. Thanks for keeping me updated on all the changes. I share them with my friends and family. Now they understand why I like this area.

Old 06-03-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJfromVA View Post
I stay part-time in Greensboro and when I do come here, I love walking around your downtown area. it is much nicer than my hometown. Thanks for keeping me updated on all the changes. I share them with my friends and family. Now they understand why I like this area.
You're so welcome. I was born and raised in Greensboro. So much has happened in 20 years it feels like a new city when I walk downtown. Downtown still has a ways to go but it has come a long way. Downtown use to be dead after 6. Then some clubs, restaurants and bars opened up and downtown came to life Friday and Saturday night. Today you see people walking downtown every night and it was just amazing to see so many people downtown on a Sunday night.Greensboro also has some top notch urban parks and I'd love to see even more large public spaces downtown. The south end needs a few urban plazas/parks. Other cities are amazed when you tell them that our downtown ballpark, two downtown parks and our performing arts center were privately funded without taxpayer money. Both parks were built with private money and donated to the city. The Performing Arts Center is being funded primarily through donations from companies, nonprofit organizations and wealthy donors. The rest is being paid for through hotel/ motel tax and user fees. Thats an amazing feat to build a $90 million performing arts center without taypayer money. Particularly a city the size of Greensboro. The ballpark was built with 100% of the money coming from the Joseph M Bryan Foundation spearheaded by former Greensboro mayor Jim Melvin. Greensboro used the Memphis model to build its downtown ballpark. Many cities don't have that kind of support to build civic projects this way. Greensboro has a lot of "old money"

Last edited by gsoboi78; 06-03-2019 at 06:30 PM..

Old 07-01-2019, 12:59 PM

Old 09-22-2019, 09:43 AM

Took a walk in downtown Greensboro this morning.

Southeastern Building now apartments. This building was also Greensboro's first "skyscraper".

Dixie building on South Elm next to the Elm Street Center/future Westin Hotel. This is a gorgeous building that I could see being converted to a hotel like Hotel Indigo. Cincy's restaurant on the lower level, known for its chilly is one of downtown's oldest restaurants. Its been in operation since the 1980s.

The Guilford Building built in 1926 was originally supposed to be a hotel. Instead it was a bank headquarters. Today small businesses lease space in the tower but I would like to eventually see it being converted to a mixed use hotel/apartment tower. Its thr tallest building in the south end of downtown.

Many of these buildings were built in the 1800s.

New kiosk installed in the Southend district.

Boxcar Barcade

Mellow Mushroom

The old Blue Bell mill. Future home of Centric Brands

911 Memorial. Actually steel from the World Trade Center twin towers.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point