Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 06:32 AM

306 posts, read 689,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Sunshine View Post
..but that's not the point of this thread....what else do we like about Greenville??
I agree, we need to get away from the "Doggie Debate" and get back to the subject of this thread!

WHAT ELSE DO WE LIKE ABOUT GREENVILLE ?

I like that this area seems to be improving itself constantly! It seems I am always hearing about new beautification projects or something new to do. That new Snowy Joe’s year round snow park at exit 39 off of 85 sounds great. Love the Greenville Road Warriors and how great they did their first year here. Love the Greenville Drive and how affordable the tickets are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 06:37 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbad View Post
WHAT ELSE DO WE LIKE ABOUT GREENVILLE ?
I love the view when you crest the hill on I-385, past the Haywood exit, when heading into downtown.....on a clear day, the mountains are just in your face!

Old 03-04-2011, 06:44 AM

182 posts, read 492,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I love the view when you crest the hill on I-385, past the Haywood exit, when heading into downtown.....on a clear day, the mountains are just in your face!
the view of the mountains from the skyline downtown and watching the sunset on a beautiful summer afternoon...ahhhh the mountain views may be what I miss the most...

Old 03-04-2011, 08:56 AM

I love the mountain views as your heading south on I-85 cresting the hill by exit 42. They are panoramic and beautiful !

Old 03-04-2011, 09:23 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,381,952 times
I love the scenic mountain views as well, but especially the fact that you can enjoy the convenience of being on/in them after a very short drive, and then back home just as quickly. Years ago I enjoyed fly fishing therapy in the foothills many evenings after work and would easily be home in time for a late dinner in or out. I also enjoyed frequent half-day (or less in some cases) unplanned hiking trips.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:36 AM

192 posts, read 607,664 times
Default Some more...

I love hearing frogs and crickets at night instead of horns and police sirens.
I love that there are a bunch of little NC mountain towns all close by.
I love that a steak at Rick Erwins tastes better than a steak i had at Peter Lugas in NYC.
I love that a meal at Pomegranate was just as good as a meal I had in the Middle East
I love the lights in the trees downtown.
I love that before we moved here, while we were having lunch downtown, my now wife said "this looks like the town in Father of the Bride"
I love that people come home from work at 5 pm.
I love taking in a ball game at Fluor Field more than just about anything.
Did I mention how much I love the lights in the trees?

Old 03-04-2011, 12:02 PM

I love that I can describe Greenville as being like “Norman Rockwell on steroids”
I think even Walt Disney himself would have liked our little small town USA!
I love that Falls Park was created for people to enjoy natures beauty and to get back to the simpler things in life. I like the Reedy River Rubber Ducky Race, even though we never win! I love eating my way up….and then down….Main street during Fall For Greenville.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:17 PM

49 posts, read 114,421 times
Been very much interested in moving to Greenville area -- and have been following this forum for a long time now (have been waiting for my son to graduate high school before leaving Long Island).

Greenville forum has been my favorite -- as that is the area that I am most intereted in moving too.

This thread truly made me smile and makes me almost homesick for an area I have never been to! I am a dog lover, as is my beloved husband - so moving to an area that is dog friendly is uber important to us.

Thank you for the original poster for starting this thread and thank you to all of the other posters who shared.

Truly, thank you.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:00 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathealy View Post

This thread truly made me smile and makes me almost homesick for an area I have never been to! I am a dog lover, as is my beloved husband - so moving to an area that is dog friendly is uber important to us.
Great post.
An advance WELCOME to you!

Old 03-04-2011, 06:56 PM

182 posts, read 492,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathealy View Post
Been very much interested in moving to Greenville area -- and have been following this forum for a long time now (have been waiting for my son to graduate high school before leaving Long Island).

Greenville forum has been my favorite -- as that is the area that I am most intereted in moving too.

Thank you for the original poster for starting this thread and thank you to all of the other posters who shared.

Truly, thank you.

I second the cheers to the Original Poster!
I lived in Greenville for nearly 20 years and moved away 5+ years ago !
I hope to make my way back soon. You won't regret your move one single day. Welcome to beautiful Greenville, South Carolina...save me a seat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area