Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 09:24 AM

2 posts, read 2,673 times

Advertisements

I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day! I am VERY interested in moving to Greenville, and could use some Pearls of Wisdom on who to connect with that might be able to assist me in my job search.

I am a dynamic sales and marketing professional with 19 years experience in building client relationships. I am also an energetic leader in managing multiple key projects that contributes to corporate sales and earnings. I am also recognized as a strong team leader who excels at all aspects of volunteer management and event planning in a Non Profit environment. .

I would be deeply grateful if someone could advise me on what steps I could take to get the proverbial ball rolling! Thanks in advance for all your help!!!!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day!

Best regards,

G

P.S. I would be more than happy to send my resume if someone thinks it would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 12:42 PM

690 posts, read 1,146,760 times
Reach out to the team at FGP (Find Great People). They're an executive search firm over 30 years old here in the Upstate. Lots of great people there and good knowledge of the hiring up here.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:22 PM

505 posts, read 940,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Reach out to the team at FGP (Find Great People). They're an executive search firm over 30 years old here in the Upstate. Lots of great people there and good knowledge of the hiring up here.
I found FGP to be completely useless when I was job searching a few years ago. I ended up getting a position through a headhunter at Robert Half International. I had a great experience with both Robert Half and my employer where I was placed.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:13 PM

696 posts, read 1,335,605 times
I would second Robert Half. We have used them to fill positions in the past and they seem to attract a higher caliber of professional.

Old 04-04-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameAlreadyTaken View Post
I found FGP to be completely useless when I was job searching a few years ago. I ended up getting a position through a headhunter at Robert Half International. I had a great experience with both Robert Half and my employer where I was placed.

Ouch. RH is a industry joke (in regards to their IT staffing..can't say for their non-IT staffing though). Yeah it really depends on your skillset and who the recruiter is. FGP has it's good and bad I imagine.

I'm biased though I worked there for almost 3 years in the IT staffing part. We rocked the socks off pretty much everyone... At least we thought so.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:26 PM

97 posts, read 160,318 times
Both Firms are a joke stay away for sure.

Old 04-04-2014, 01:36 PM

102 posts, read 150,726 times
I can get you a job selling mobile phones at best buy for a fee.

You need to be in the area to network. And you're leaving out important things....how many positions, were you promoted in all of them, how many people have you managed? Sales and marketing is also a code word for call center.

In regards to the staffing agencies..
It all depends on what level position you're looking for - entry level staff, manager, director, executive, etc.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallStreetNole View Post
Both Firms are a joke stay away for sure.
Let me guess you work for TekSystems or Apex right?

Don't just blanket talk about things you have no clue about. I worked in that industry for almost 3 years. I've dealt with both good and bad recruiters from our company to other agencies. No one is perfect that's for sure.

There's a reason why agencies exist. They fill more positions that internal HR could ever imagine. Companies are clueless when it comes to hiring (for the most part). Anyways, it's a hijack from the OP.

If you're a candidate looking for work then you need to market yourself to all agencies. Some are better than others but at the end of the day it's your responsibility to land a job. Not the agency.

Old 04-07-2014, 06:47 AM

97 posts, read 160,318 times
No I work for neither. I am in portfolio management and work with some of the largest financial companies in the word. I have had both firms reach out to me over the past few years. They both ended up showing their true colors. Their lack, of professionalism and willingness to screw an employee by getting their cut was enough for me to move on from needing their "services." It's a one sided business model in places like Greenville.

I repeat, both are garbage and I would never recommend them to anyone.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:59 AM

505 posts, read 940,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valien View Post
Ouch. RH is a industry joke (in regards to their IT staffing..can't say for their non-IT staffing though). Yeah it really depends on your skillset and who the recruiter is. FGP has it's good and bad I imagine.

I'm biased though I worked there for almost 3 years in the IT staffing part. We rocked the socks off pretty much everyone... At least we thought so.
I am in accounting, not IT, so that may make all the difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area