Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:50 AM

609 posts, read 1,619,915 times

Advertisements

No entertainment for the non-majority and lack of job opportunities for minority youth lead to this. I blame it on the city.... again why i reccomend minority families choose other cities.

and it's not the 'gangs' that cause problems. It's simply bored children with nothing better to get involved in. Nothing to take their interests

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- Police said a gang of robbers beat a man at an apartment complex on Pelham Road after he refused to give them money, and investigators said this is just the latest in a string of robberies at apartment complexes.

Investigators said that over the weekend, a group of six young men -- all wearing red and white bandanas, hats and shirts -- approached two men at Churchill at Pelham apartments. When the one man refused to hand over his cash, the robbers attacked and beat him until they were frightened off by some passers-by who saw what was happening and ran over to stop the assault. The robbers ran from the area.

A similar robbery in which two people were robbed was also reported over the weekend at the Plantation at Haywood apartments.

Police said there have been several similar robberies over the past two months at apartment complexes on Haywood and Pelham roads and also in the East North Street area.

Despite similar clothing descriptions in some of the robberies, police said they don't think they are connected.

Greenville Police Cpl. Jason Rampey said, "We don't have any reason to believe this is linked to the one from a couple weeks ago it could be a copycat. It could be a crime of opportunity."

The man who was attacked at the Pelham apartments was not seriously injured.

Greenville resident Brian Reeder said, "I've seen crime come and go here in Greenville but this is just ridiculous. This is absolutely ridiculous and pathetic. It's an embarrassment to Greenville …

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 09:53 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,868,193 times
So a roving gang of robbers beating up an innocent man is the city's fault because it doesn't provide "safe" and "diverse" entertainment opportunities? Surely you jest.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:02 AM

simple facts.

Boredom is the devil's playground

I did not say just entertainment but yes entertainment and employment

If i'm wrong... suit yourself... just read my other post and tell me why I almost seem psychic in predicting these kinds of problems

and it will not get better.

I'm out here everyday scouring hte city to watch what's going on in all communities. I live in a nice one myself and visit the ones I grew up playing in.

Greenville's seen violence but what's probably going to come is going to be greater

Police are also saying they expect the same....... also looking for international gangs to start preying on latino communities soon.

read and be aware is all i can say

i do not care to argue, i just make my statements and watch what comes true................

I hear people that criticize my honesty but men lie..... women lie... the numbers do not!

diversity is not 5 people with different complexions living in the same neighborhood

Diversity is cultural embracement and celebration.............

When Greenville has an AA day parade, PR day Parade, or anything non-caucasion day parade.. it will be the day change is initiated

Old 10-03-2007, 10:03 AM

617 posts, read 2,572,520 times
So children beat up people for money because they're bored? I don't think so. Sure, a job would help keep them out of trouble by taking up a lot of their free time and giving them money, but that doesn't mean they would never do it. I say it's lack of proper parenting. I've only worked at my dad's office during the summers, and have never had a "real" job, as my friends say (i'm 19), and I have never had the urge to beat someone up for their money. It has nothing to do with lack of job opportunities or entertainment.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:05 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Sometimes I wonder if sojones just did this because he or she is bored and has no life.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:06 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,476,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojones View Post
simple facts.
No, actually, no facts at all. Just your opinions. One "fact" is that the article does not say the robbers were minorities.

One of your viewpoints seems especially odd. Please explain this to me:

What is "minority entertainment"? Are you suggesting that black people require special entertainment that is publicly provided? Are we talking about Hispanic communities? Can you provide some examples of "majority entertainment" which might exclude minorities?

Last edited by anonymous; 10-03-2007 at 10:14 AM..

Old 10-03-2007, 10:14 AM

I like Greenville but i just posted a factual news article / police report......... get over it

Old 10-03-2007, 10:15 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
^^I could of sworn all cities in this country had crime. Must of been a dream.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:16 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,476,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojones View Post
I like Greenville but i just posted a factual news article / police report......... get over it
Yes, but there were several paragraphs of your "commentary" which you later edited out.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:16 AM

Gang Beats Man During Robbery Attempt - News Story - WYFF Greenville (http://www.wyff4.com/news/14082546/detail.html - broken link)

why do police here call ita 'new problem' LOL get over yourself

gangs aren't the problem. This city needs more to cater to everyone
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area