Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 08:39 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,577,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhammond View Post

And I agree, people in the upstate are so excited about our 9 story federally subsidized building on Main. Now they are talking about building the tallest building in SC when we are emptying out downtown buildings to fill a new building. Make a ton of sense, almost as much as building a 300 room hotel when vacancy rates are below 70% and average room rates are terrible.....must be more grant money from the Feds at work.
You sure do get hung up on the strangest things. I'd think you'd worry less if you checked your facts, or cared less about what people's rumors are, but maybe you enjoy fretting over petty things..? I really don't understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 08:51 PM

233 posts, read 282,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesc View Post
You sure do get hung up on the strangest things. I'd think you'd worry less if you checked your facts, or cared less about what people's rumors are, but maybe you enjoy fretting over petty things..? I really don't understand.
?

Old 05-15-2013, 07:59 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,396,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohtalim View Post
I get the same feeling driving up to Charlotte too. Driving thru spartanburg is just depressing. Just wish that one section was wider as well.
What's depressing about the Spartanburg section of 85? Most of it is 6 lines at 70mph with very little business development, unless you're referring to the business loop? The last couple of miles near the Spartanburg Cherokee line are the only real issue, with only four lanes.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:52 AM

411 posts, read 853,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCola View Post
Check out the SCDOT's list of active projects by county to see that that just isn't true.
I wasn't talking about active projects. Just in general. I went to college there. I used to be down there monthly (from Columbia) for work. I know all about it. The maintenance for I-26 tapers off after the I-95 split i.e. where a lot of tourists come through the state. You will notice a massive difference as you drive into the Summerville area of 26 when the road goes from two lanes to four. And let's not forget the continuing construction at Ashley Phosphate. Or is that done finally?

And I will agree that in Spartanburg the part of 85 from the 85-business split to wear it drops back to two lanes is a nice stretch. A lot better than some places.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:24 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Gov. Haley is on WORD 106.3 FM every month for a listener call in show. She was just on yesterday and I missed it (they have it on podcast). I would try to see what day in June she will be on and call in and ask her about what the plans are.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:40 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,609,789 times
Recent letter to the editor in the Greenville News:

Poorly kept roadsides leave negative impression

Looks like I'm not the only one that thinks our roadsides are overgrown and garbage-filled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area