Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 10:04 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,956,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDew2013 View Post
Augusta Mall is the busiest mall from a foot traffic standpoint that I have seen in the southeast.
I don't think you've been to many malls in the Southeast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDew2013 View Post
i would say they are on par if you consider augusta has less people.
Not at all, not at all, not at all. Just no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 10:08 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameAlreadyTaken View Post
I've never been to Augusta.
I flew in once to play golf with a client. The airport in Augusta is sad. 6 gates total, of which five are simply a door out of the building to the tarmac.....only one had a jetway bridge and it was just a little stub stuck onto the corner of the building.

About the mall comments, I'm still laughing that anyone would call H&M "upscale". H&M is about trendy and disposable clothing. Buy a pair of pants for 15.99, wear them to a club and then who cares if they get drinks spilled on them or cigarette burns. Just trash them. Trendy and disposable do not equal upscale in any way.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:09 AM

245 posts, read 319,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I don't think you've been to many malls in the Southeast.

Not at all, not at all, not at all. Just no.
you are right, i don't go in malls much. but it def. had more traffic in the interior of the mall than any other mall in the southeast outside of maybe some up in the maryland no.va area. that I have seen.

people seemed to be there to socialize to, not just shop.

i don't care enuf about malls to talk about this furthur. LOL

Old 08-02-2013, 10:10 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
About the mall comments, I'm still laughing that anyone would call H&M "upscale". H&M is about trendy and disposable clothing. Buy a pair of pants for 15.99, wear them to a club and then who cares if they get drinks spilled on them or cigarette burns. Just trash them. Trendy and disposable do not equal upscale in any way.
I agree. H&M is even in Huntsville and Winston-Salem...yawn. They remind of Forever 21. I could care less if Greenville ever gets one.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:11 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm22206 View Post
Augusta Mall is definitely not the most upscale mall in Georgia. That would be Phipps Plaza followed by Lenox Square.
I'm sorry, because I obviously meant the most upscale mall outside of metro Atlanta... I think everybody knows the Augusta mall is nowhere in the same ballpark with Lenox or Phipps... Augusta mall is now on par with Perimeter, North Point, and the Mall of GA in metro Atlanta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scme5 View Post
H&M is cool but not exactly upscale. Haywood Mall is getting Forever 21 which is about the same.

How's the food court, Haywood mall is terrible considering the stores that are out there.
The Forever 21 in the Augusta mall is two stories...

Old 08-02-2013, 10:15 AM

245 posts, read 319,301 times
i pretty sure most males never heard of any of these stores. probably many women too.

all i know is the department stores.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:22 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
I agree. H&M is even in Huntsville and Winston-Salem...yawn. They remind of Forever 21. I could care less if Greenville ever gets one.
I have a feeling Greenville will get one sooner than later. They are going in at Carolina Place and Northlake in Charlotte. (Funny they chose those over Southpark if they were so upscale).

Old 08-02-2013, 10:29 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,909,066 times
I actually do really like H&M. They have fairly well designed clothing (but mediocre construction quality) for competitive prices. Similar to Urban Outfitters on the male side of the styles in that store which is right up my alley. I usually go to H&M when I am in Raleigh and they have some great deals on men's clothing in my style.

However, I still do not consider them "upscale."

I know Anthropologie doesn't carry men's clothes, so I'll switch to women's clothes for a second as a comparison.

In terms of "upscale" or quality, I will make the comparison among a few stores that share at least a similar aesthetic or a similar support-base but with varying quality and price.

H&M -> Urban Outfitters -> Anthropologie from least "upscale" to most.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:31 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackofdawn View Post
I don't think anyone would ever argue anything about the Haywood mall being better than anything. It's a tiny mall. I moved here from Orlando where there were 5+ malls within a 15-20 minute drive and all of them were significantly larger/more upscale than the Haywood mall.
Apples to Oranges . Orlando can support them. Much larger city not even to mention the tourists from all over the world that visit one of the worlds largest if not the largest playground.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:39 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,380,209 times
H&M is not "upscale". The company faced scrutiny recently in the wake of avoidable major factory disasters in Bangladesh. H&M is the largest buyer of clothing made in Bangladesh, the nation with the world's lowest minimum wage—$38 a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area