Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2017, 05:06 PM

994 posts, read 969,247 times

Advertisements

Trying to find the best areas for yard sales in the upstate. I have only been here since October so not sure of the most populated spots for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2017, 07:31 PM

21,025 posts, read 27,270,970 times
Which city are you looking to attend yard sales?

Old 02-24-2017, 07:36 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,662,988 times
I'd probably check Craigslist. People probably list in there.

Also, remember a lot of people are like me and don't have the free time to do a yard sale to make $20 all morning.

We donate to Miracle Hill and some others use Goodwill, and I think both pick up stuff from your house for free.

If you want some bargains, check out the Miracle Hill Thrift Stores, such as the one on Wade Hampton Boulevard.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Which city are you looking to attend yard sales?
Any. Really within 45 mins. I have looked on clist, but i didmt know if certain areas of cities were known for yard sales.

Old 02-25-2017, 07:23 AM

293 posts, read 344,988 times
My impression is that the number of yard sales has been down for the past few years in Greenville. I remember back in the mid to late 2000's, there were always more yard sales then I could ever get to on a Saturday morning where I live. Now I'm lucky if there are 3 or 4. Hopefully they will pick up in the spring or summer.

Old 02-25-2017, 05:39 PM

94 posts, read 111,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan In SC View Post
My impression is that the number of yard sales has been down for the past few years in Greenville. I remember back in the mid to late 2000's, there were always more yard sales then I could ever get to on a Saturday morning where I live. Now I'm lucky if there are 3 or 4. Hopefully they will pick up in the spring or summer.
Craigslist/LetGo/eBay...etc... have made it so much easier to get rid of stuff without having a yard sale. When people have yard sales, they tend to have a handful of "good things" and the rest is crap that gets you twenty bucks for the day. You can sell the good stuff online for two r three times what you could get at a yard sale, and then donate all the crap, and probably end up making as much or more money overall without all of the hassle

Old 02-25-2017, 06:04 PM

Ok . thanks

Old 02-25-2017, 06:27 PM

7,260 posts, read 4,634,376 times
Flea Markets? And maybe more into spring yard sales will be more prevalent. They're around but I don't think many people advertise/list them other then a hand made sign near their house.

Old 02-25-2017, 06:40 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,079,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman39 View Post
Craigslist/LetGo/eBay...etc... have made it so much easier to get rid of stuff without having a yard sale. When people have yard sales, they tend to have a handful of "good things" and the rest is crap that gets you twenty bucks for the day. You can sell the good stuff online for two r three times what you could get at a yard sale, and then donate all the crap, and probably end up making as much or more money overall without all of the hassle
I agree with this as well. I do miss the yard sales too but I do much better selling on Craigslist, FB pages, offerup and letgo. I also don't have to sit around all day which makes it nice. On my side of town in Taylors, the sales are usually around Stallings Rd, Edwards Mill, Lee Rd, Taylors Rd, Donnon Rd, etc. Most of them don't start up until spring though. They are usually listed on Craigslist as well.

Last edited by beckycat; 02-25-2017 at 06:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area