Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 05:04 AM

6 posts, read 5,088 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Greenville (from Switzerland) in April 2016 and will be making a visit in the first week of February 2016 to find a place to live. We'd like to rent first to get to know the area better before buying a house. We have a dog so we need help to find a pet friendly rental (house or apartment) that would be available from March or April. We would love to be close to downtown if possible. I think an agent would be the best solution for setting up house/apartment viewings during our week long trip in February. Does any body have any suggestions for an agent or suggestions for nice apartment complexes we could look into. We're looking for 3 bedrooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 06:04 AM

2,444 posts, read 2,872,975 times
Just about all rentals here are pet-friendly, unless there are multiple pets are the dog is either a restricted breed or very large.
There are many nice apartment complexes here so would need to know your budget to give recommendations. The same for single-family homes. The good house rentals do go fast.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:17 AM

Thanks BigRedBeth. Our budget is flexible and we would consider anything as long as the area is nice and safe. The dog is a small (30 pound) Golden Retriever so she is not one of the restricted breeds. I guess if I could have few things on my wish list they would be: close walking access to the Swamp Rabbit Trail or a dog park, a washer and dryer in the house/apartment and nice people as neighbors. We hope to be able to buy fairly soon if we find something we like (buying budget is up to 800K).

Old 11-23-2015, 08:18 AM

7,260 posts, read 4,634,376 times
To at least get you more familiar with what's available in the area and general prices you may want to also try many of the housing websites available such as Zillow.com and go to the Renting section. You won't have a problem with that budget (unless you're looking more closer to the mountains with a view) in this area which is considered more manufacturing, although all sectors seem to be growing more around here as more people and companies move into the area.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoma View Post
To at least get you more familiar with what's available in the area and general prices you may want to also try many of the housing websites available such as Zillow.com and go to the Renting section. You won't have a problem with that budget (unless you're looking more closer to the mountains with a view) in this area which is considered more manufacturing, although all sectors seem to be growing more around here as more people and companies move into the area.
Zillow is okay to get a general idea of prices but please don't rely on it as homes will be listed that are no longer on the market as well as other inaccuracies. Had clients call me the other day inquiring about a property in Simpsonvile that was listed for rent at $1000 per month and for sale at $50K. It was not for sale- boy would they have jumped at it if it were for that price!

Old 11-23-2015, 10:17 AM

Just found this one that looks promising:Urban Apartments in Greenville, SC - South Ridge Apartments. Seems a lot of the downtown apartments only have up to 2 bedrooms. You might try Craigslist for rental homes.

Old 11-23-2015, 04:56 PM

843 posts, read 1,432,930 times
You should check into a new apartment complex Main and Stone. They should be built by January and I believe there are some floorplans with 3 bedrooms.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcatp View Post
You should check into a new apartment complex Main and Stone. They should be built by January and I believe there are some floorplans with 3 bedrooms.
South Ridge is right in the middle of downtown and has its own dog park. Much better location for the OP in my opinion. I'm sure there are others, as well that are close to the SRT. There are likely to be condos for rent as well.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:00 PM

Thanks very much BigRedBeth and mcatp. I've just looked at Main and Stone and Southridge online. Both look nice and I'll try to see if I can arrange viewings during my trip in February. It's going to be a huge adjustment moving from a 5 bedroom house in Switzerland to an apartment in Greenville but we are getting really excited!

Old 11-24-2015, 04:59 PM

843 posts, read 1,432,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
South Ridge is right in the middle of downtown and has its own dog park. Much better location for the OP in my opinion. I'm sure there are others, as well that are close to the SRT. There are likely to be condos for rent as well.
Main and Stone is on Main St and two blocks from the "start of all the restaurants". I would personally want to live at Main and Stone you could just walk down Main St and not have to cross Church, and because the traffic from Church St wouldn't be a bother like at Southridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
View detailed profiles of: