Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2017, 10:52 AM

404 posts, read 381,086 times

Advertisements

We currently live in a great small city of about 50,000. Typical "great place to raise a family". We have a nice downtown, community center, art festivals, 2500 seat auditorium for concerts/plays etc,. minor league baseball team, 2 rival high schools (sports), parades, etc.

Other amenities are somewhat limited such as restaurants and shopping. We have a small mall, target, kohls, marshalls but no Costco or Sams, Trader Joe's, Hobby Lobby. Mostly chain restaurants with not a lot of choices.

We're pretty isolated here, though. We have a couple slightly larger cities within 30 minutes still doesn't have the shopping/dining that I see in Greenville (need to drive a couple hours to get that.)

I would love to live in a similar town to the one I currently live in and it would be AMAZING to have Greenville and all it's shopping, dining, etc within 30 minutes if not closer.

I don't have kids so don't really need good schools, but would love to hear your thoughts as to which cities nearby have the most to offer in terms of local family oriented amenities and activities. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area