Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2018, 02:51 PM

144 posts, read 140,100 times

Advertisements

have kinda an issue finding the right photographer, was close to signing one contract, but then the photographer refused to amend a clause that said they can use the pictures for promotional purposes, which I do not agree to. They said they can make a note in the file, but don't change the contract.
My friend suggested someone to me, but that was a semi-profi and what if that person can't make it and has no backup.

Anyone has a suggestion based on my criteria?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 08:30 AM

89 posts, read 74,273 times
A buddy of mine is great and even has won some best of greenville awards.

EchoShots Photography | Professional Elegant Photography

His name is Derek Davis. GREAT WORK. My wife and I even had some of his photos printed on canvas for our home art.

Old 05-17-2018, 09:17 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway83 View Post
have kinda an issue finding the right photographer, was close to signing one contract, but then the photographer refused to amend a clause that said they can use the pictures for promotional purposes, which I do not agree to. They said they can make a note in the file, but don't change the contract.
My friend suggested someone to me, but that was a semi-profi and what if that person can't make it and has no backup.

Anyone has a suggestion based on my criteria?
You're going to be hard pressed to find a good professional photographer who would agree to not use the images they take for promotional purposes without charging a very large fee (probably double their normal rate?) to make up for the fact that they can't use the images they take (and own the copyright to) in order get new clients.

Would you hire someone without seeing their work? Did you pick that photographer without seeing their work?

You may work something out where a photographer would agree to not show faces, but could use all the other background shots, or shots from a distance. But I think they would still want to add an upcharge for limiting their ability to advertise for future jobs.

You're asking to amend a contract in a way that makes that contract much less valuable to the other party, so expect to pay for that (if someone is willing to agree to your amendment in the first place).

Good luck.

Last edited by Art123; 05-17-2018 at 10:13 AM..

Old 05-18-2018, 02:46 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,186,541 times
A friend recently used a photographer that was recommended to them that would do a wedding that was just the 2 of them and the person who married them and 2 witnesses. She said it was an elopment package. They were very happy with him. I can't personally recommend him but just passing the info for you to make an educated opinion of your own.

William Martin Weddings

Said his name was Terrell, not sure about the William Martin and Terrell names, maybe an employee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
View detailed profiles of: