Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 11:53 AM

2,443 posts, read 2,869,148 times

Advertisements

I lived in Raleigh for 16 years and now am in Greenville for 4. We actually looked in Wake Forest when we wanted to move from our Raleigh home. Wake Forest has gotten pretty crowded, and the drive down Capital Boulevard to Raleigh and vice versa can be a nightmare. As Becky said, Raleigh does not have a downtown like Greenville, although I do miss the Raleigh museums. Greenville is a lot more affordable than Raleigh, and I love being only an hour from the mountains. The climate is similar, with Raleigh seeming to have more severe weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2018, 12:08 PM

233 posts, read 305,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
I lived in Raleigh for 16 years and now am in Greenville for 4. We actually looked in Wake Forest when we wanted to move from our Raleigh home. Wake Forest has gotten pretty crowded, and the drive down Capital Boulevard to Raleigh and vice versa can be a nightmare. As Becky said, Raleigh does not have a downtown like Greenville, although I do miss the Raleigh museums. Greenville is a lot more affordable than Raleigh, and I love being only an hour from the mountains. The climate is similar, with Raleigh seeming to have more severe weather.
Yes I was very impressed with the museums in Raleigh, but I guess you can always visit! That's what we plan to do if and when we move, because the grandbaby would be in Youngsville. Wake Forest is crowded! It is a charming town and nice that it has so much shopping...the parks are amazing in Wake Forest! Raleigh is pretty and I loved some of the neighborhoods but other than the free museums and some of the parks, I wasn't that impressed with it. I like the look of Greenville. So overall how do you like Greenville in the 4 years you've been there?

Old 06-21-2018, 12:22 PM

2,443 posts, read 2,869,148 times
Yes and I do visit a lot, and try to take in a museum when I go- love the trail by the art museum. One thing I do miss is that there were so many greenway trials and places to walk very close to home. Close to Greenville there are not many, but then there is that hour's drive to gorgeous scenery and waterfalls.

Old 06-21-2018, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedBeth View Post
Yes and I do visit a lot, and try to take in a museum when I go- love the trail by the art museum. One thing I do miss is that there were so many greenway trials and places to walk very close to home. Close to Greenville there are not many, but then there is that hour's drive to gorgeous scenery and waterfalls.
Yes lots of beautiful areas there it seems...right near the blue ridge mountains.
I loved that art museum!

Old 06-21-2018, 04:25 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times
Love almost everything here. Wittle my list down...I can be in NC in 30 min. GA in an hour, waterfalls in abundance, prettiest downtown ever, people are sure nicer than in Florida....I could continue!

Old 06-21-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Love almost everything here. Wittle my list down...I can be in NC in 30 min. GA in an hour, waterfalls in abundance, prettiest downtown ever, people are sure nicer than in Florida....I could continue!

yes continue!

Old 06-21-2018, 06:17 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,397,856 times
Paris Mountain State Park is 10 minutes from downtown and it has a lot of trails.

You can walk between Cleveland Park and Falls Park.

I enjoy walking around the little lake on Furman University's campus.

Old 06-21-2018, 07:08 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,445,513 times
We love to take our grandson to Cleveland Park! What a great playground — shaded and just the right size. The zoo was a bit of a disappointment especially for the price but that is our jaded attitude coming originally from Washington DC (The National Zoo is huge and free).

Old 06-21-2018, 08:13 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
We love to take our grandson to Cleveland Park! What a great playground — shaded and just the right size. The zoo was a bit of a disappointment especially for the price but that is our jaded attitude coming originally from Washington DC (The National Zoo is huge and free).
That is a nice park. We take the grandkids there once in a while and there are always tons of kids.

Old 06-21-2018, 08:33 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,397,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
I love the DC zoo. The Giant Pandas are cool.

I don't think 9 dollars is bad for the Greenville Zoo.

The last time I went to the Greenville Zoo, one of the lions came right up to the glass and stared me down. I had never been that close to one at other zoos.

I recommend going to the zoo when they feed the monkeys. I forget what food they gave the monkeys but they put the food in cardboard boxes. They give the boxes to the monkeys and let them open up the boxes. That is hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area