Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 10:22 PM

3 posts, read 2,922 times

Advertisements

Than you, for your suggestions. We were debating between going to oregon washington or greenville. I have lived in California for 29 years. Never thought about moving. But now we want to take our family to a healhier environment. One of the things that I am not too enthusiastic about oregon or washington is that there are not many christians and might be a bit too liberal for me. Ideally we would find a place where we can have animals and have our own greenhouse close to the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 09:25 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,395,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltimemama06 View Post
Than you, for your suggestions. We were debating between going to oregon washington or greenville. I have lived in California for 29 years. Never thought about moving. But now we want to take our family to a healhier environment. One of the things that I am not too enthusiastic about oregon or washington is that there are not many christians and might be a bit too liberal for me. Ideally we would find a place where we can have animals and have our own greenhouse close to the city.
It will be more rainy / overcast in Washington and Oregon too. I've read a lot people get seasonal depression out there due to lack of sunlight.

Old 09-16-2018, 01:16 PM

230 posts, read 230,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltimemama06 View Post
Our family is considering moving from the central valley in California to either Oregón, Washington or Greenville SC. We want to escape the very poor air quality we have here. We are incline towards living in the outskirts to have a few animals and greenhouse. Going back to the way it was before a bit to consume pastured raised meat and organic veggies etc. I worry that it might be too humid. Would you say is as humid as orlando florida? Also how is the quality of health care? My 16 year old daugther was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor and we feel that what we eat and breathe has contributed greatly. your input would be greatly appreciated!

Hey there, one thing to remember about Oregon/Washington if you're looking at the Portland/Vancouver area the gorge creates a perfect storm for trapping air and it just sits on the cities...creating days at a time where it is not recommend to go outside due to the poor air quality, unless you have to. They will air advisories on the news when it happens. If you end up on the Eastern side of the state this doesn't happen, but of course, fire during the summer often clouds the sky, and it is also not recommended to go outside. (If you live in CA, I am sure you are always used to this, the whole state is on fire!)

Old 01-20-2019, 08:31 PM

13 posts, read 31,557 times
I hate everything about Greenville and the surrounding cities. That is my personal opinion. It gets way too hot for any human to live in. The winters are a joke, they are hot also. The snow if it does snow is a joke. There are no really good jobs here. Rent or mortgages are too pricey for the south. You can do everything here in a week and then that is it.

Old 01-21-2019, 03:33 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,443,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina04 View Post
I hate everything about Greenville and the surrounding cities. That is my personal opinion. It gets way too hot for any human to live in. The winters are a joke, they are hot also. The snow if it does snow is a joke. There are no really good jobs here. Rent or mortgages are too pricey for the south. You can do everything here in a week and then that is it.
Did you not realize Greenville is in South Carolina, in The South? The South is known for summer heat and humidity with fairly mild winters.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:03 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,047 times
Quote:
I found a good job here before I moved here. I've lived here for almost 8 years and I'm not close to doing everything I can do here for recreation. It certainly isn't hot today although it did get just warm enough yesterday for me to go on a 6 mile hike on a trail I hadn't hiked before that had some great scenery. If you are miserable living here, it might be time to consider moving. Life is too short to spend it in misery.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:34 AM

446 posts, read 414,998 times
Quote:
Hot in the winter? I mean, yeah, it is not ultra cold but you’re very lucky if it gets into the 60s on a January day and that’s way above normal. It was like upper teens to low 20s this morning.

This is far from the hottest place in this country. Heck, not even the hottest place in the state. Try Columbia one summer. Or New Orleans. Or any place in Florida.

And not sure what you do that you ran out of things to do in a week. This town has tons of stuff. It’s not Atlanta and I would never want it to be but it has blossomed over the years and being here 25 years I still haven’t scratched the surface of what there is to do.

Also plenty of good jobs, but it depends on your industry just like anywhere.

Regardless, sounds like you need to move. I’d say to others looking at this that your opinion is in the minority but don’t think I have to with all the top 10 lists we’ve been on and the thousands continuing to move here already.

Old 01-21-2019, 09:03 AM

632 posts, read 748,239 times
Guys
This poster (Reina04) has made 13 posts since 2011, the majority of which were unhappy ventings of her frustrations with the local area. I very much hope that she finds whatever it is she's seeking, but I seriously doubt it will be found here.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:07 AM

5,487 posts, read 8,318,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedge1 View Post
Guys
This poster (Reina04) has made 13 posts since 2011, the majority of which were unhappy ventings of her frustrations with the local area. I very much hope that she finds whatever it is she's seeking, but I seriously doubt it will be found here.
Agreed. I hope they find the right city.

Old 01-21-2019, 11:33 AM

292 posts, read 344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedge1 View Post
Guys

Wow miserable for 8 years? Life is too short, and we have a very large and diverse country for people to find what they are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area