Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2018, 05:12 PM

13 posts, read 12,971 times

Advertisements

Hi guys

So i got a few questions about this area .

Till the end of August i'm working on some project at BMW plant, by the way i'm from Europe.
I wonder if you can suggest me some good spots on some lakes near this area so we can have a BBQ picnic on Sunday when we have a day of.

At free weekends i like to take some good timelapse video of the nature, skylines, etc, If you have any suggestions or good spots to visit i hope you will let me know, I do have a drone

IF there is any awesome car show near Greenville in this month or next i will love to visit one.

tnx for the help
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 05:16 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
You could go over to Lake Hartwell at Clemson, the location of CLemson University.

Clemson has two dikes on the lake that you can walk on and a beach area with docks near the rowing team's boathouse. There are some picnic tables out there.

The CLemson dikes are popular drone flying spots.

There is also the Snow Family Outdoor Fitness and Wellness Center, formerly known as Y Beach, right across the lake from Clemson. It may temporarily be closed because the university is installing a new athletic field and building new facilities out there.

Devil Fork State park on Lake Jocassee is another idea. Clemson is closer though.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 07-06-2018 at 05:31 PM..

Old 07-06-2018, 05:45 PM

13 posts, read 12,971 times
ClemVegas tnx for fast reply, if i can see we don't need to bring our grill with us, they have grills by the tables?

Old 07-06-2018, 06:28 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,764,594 times
Car show: Upstate Cars & Coffee at Michelin

Old 07-07-2018, 05:29 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,448,981 times
If you want beautiful mountain scenery, go up toward Asheville, Hendersonville, Tryon and Saluda in North Carolina. We went to the Biltmore Estate yesterday (easy drive — little over an hour) and the mountains are truly stunning. There is a special exhibit of blown glass sculptures by the artist Dale Chihuly until early fall. They are amazing!

It was a great, but truly exhausting day! Lots of walking — you could spend hours in the gardens alone.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

https://www.biltmore.com/visit/plan-...ly-at-biltmore

Old 07-07-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joniee View Post
ClemVegas tnx for fast reply, if i can see we don't need to bring our grill with us, they have grills by the tables?
I don't think there are any grills out by the Clemson rowing boathouse between the two dikes. There are probably some at the Snow Family Outdoor Center across the lake.

Here is a link to some other parks in the Clemson lake area that you could check out.

Parks near Clemson, SC – VISIT CLEMSON

Twelve Mile Recreation Area in Clemson and High Falls Park in Seneca appear to have grills.

Have you been down to the waterfall at Falls Park in downtown Greenville? That's worth checking out if you have not been.

Some good mountain visits in the area are Chimney Rock, Table Rock and Caesars Head.

Old 07-07-2018, 08:14 AM

Here is a video with some good shots of Lake Jocasse next to Devils Fork State Park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAh7-6xRerg

Old 07-09-2018, 07:42 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,294,025 times
Ceasar's Head will give you great views of the Upstate and they have a small picnic area there.

Table Rock State Park has nice facilities and good scenery.

I'd recommend taking the drive from Whitewater Falls in NC over to Toxaway Falls and then turn back and drive over to Cashiers at some point. That drive will catch a bunch of spectacular area waterfalls and is a nice way to spend an afternoon. Drive back by taking NC/SC 107 South and you will catch Silver Run Falls as well. If you take the short connector from SC 107 to SC 130 on the way back, it also gives you a nice sweeping view of the mountains in the Upstate. I think this will link to the route: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/34.9...da82d6!1m0!3e0

There are honestly so many things to see in the area it's hard to edit it down to a few.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:58 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,944,595 times
A site from my bookmarks with some good exploration ideas:

Upcountry South Carolina Scenic & Natural | Upcountry South Carolina | Greenville, SC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area