Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2019, 02:10 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,843,033 times

Advertisements

Is there a good public lake to take children fishing somewhere around Greer/Taylors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2019, 03:51 PM

57 posts, read 107,488 times
Not sure of the age of children you are taking but, if you are talking about bank fishing in Greer/Taylors. The pickings will be kind of slim unfortunately, unless you know someone with water front property.

You can check out Lake Cunningham. It has pier access that leads to the water. I have only been there once to check it out. There were a couple of people fishing off the pier. It's a rather nice pier as well.

You can head on over around the corner and check out Lake Robinson. It has bank and pier access. Although, there you will need to head to the office to get a permit to fish on that lake outside of a regular state fishing license.

If you are willing to drive a little further you can check out Pleasant Ridge up off HWY 11. This place has multiple areas to choose from to bank fish and not quite as congested as say Robinson can be on a weekend.

You could take a short trip to Paris Mountain State park not too far from Greer. Good fishing access there as well at the entrance lake. There is however, a five dollar entry fee per person. Not sure if that includes children, I assume it does.

All of these waters you can find Bass, Breem, Blue Gill maybe even trout in the colder areas. That's what I have at the moment. Maybe someone else can chime in and give some suggestions because I would like to know also. I'm always looking for a good fishing spot. Fortunately, I know a few people that will allow me to fish on their private properties when I don't feel like loading up the boat and heading out somewhere. Good luck! Teach those kids how to pull in the fish! As they say, a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Old 04-23-2019, 06:53 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,843,033 times
Thanks for your answer, AverageJoe!

Old 04-24-2019, 07:52 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,207 times
I've fished Cunningham and Robinson from the docks. It's slim pickings to be honest. At least for me.

I have not tried Pleasant Ridge! So might have to take a look.

There is a public lake run by Greenville Rec near Pelham road area. Forget what it's called. But has fishing open a few days a week.

I too need to find someone with a private pond somewhere...

Old 04-24-2019, 08:29 AM

632 posts, read 748,239 times
I've often taken the kids to Saluda lake landing in the past. Bream and catfish were plentiful, with the odd bass or crappie. Its on Motor Boat Club Rd off Whitehorse rd.

Old 04-24-2019, 08:56 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedge1 View Post
I've often taken the kids to Saluda lake landing in the past. Bream and catfish were plentiful, with the odd bass or crappie. Its on Motor Boat Club Rd off Whitehorse rd.
There is also a free access to Saluda lake on the Easley side of the lake off of Buckskin Road next to the Easley water intake plant.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:26 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,395,347 times
Lyman Lake is 350 acres and has a public fishing dock. It's only a couple of miles from Greer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area