Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2023, 07:05 AM

145 posts, read 151,354 times

Advertisements

I bought a used vehicle from a private party. This meant that I had to go to the county building to get the tax for the county before I could get a title in my name at motor vehicles. Not something I like to do but when you buy from a private party that is what you have to do.
I am handicapped and cannot walk distances as my legs get very weak. I spend a bit of time at my advanced age in a power wheelchair as a result.
So I park in the garage and the first thing I notice as the kiosks for entering and paying are tagged out, they don't work. So, I take the elevator up to the proper level and then make my way to building 3 if I remember right. I had been warned it was quite a distance and I am glad I took my power wheelchair.
I get to the entrance to the building and there were turnstiles to get in. I looked them over and I did not think my chair was going to fit inside and I did not want to take the chance on damaging them or my chair.
There was a door that was ID controlled, or appeared to be, next to the turnstiles. I could not get in there. I looked down the building and saw a couple doors and was heading that way to try to get in but I never got there.
I noticed a young girl, an employee, inside trying to get my attention and directing me back to that ID controlled door where she let me in. Thanks
I did my business and paid my tax and went to leave. Those pair of doors I was headed to earlier were right in front of me so I went to get out of those. There were buttons on them to press to open them, but they did not work! Again, I did not want to damage glass doors trying to get out. But not waiting long another employee opened the door for me and let me out explaining that the buttons don't work.
It appears to me that the new building has some problems for those in wheelchairs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
View detailed profiles of: