Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2023, 08:40 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,330,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I still dont understand the hype over a fast food hamburger............Besides, itll just be another chain to get a bad rap in the upstate due to lack of workers and those who just dont care.
It (In-N-Out) has a "cult-like following" out west, it's just like other stores and brands; think of IKEA or Wegmans, they're just a furniture store and grocery store respectively, but to some, they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and indoor plumbing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2023, 09:11 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,355,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
In the article it mentions another "eastern" state competing with Tennessee for this new HQ/distribution center.

Out of my own curiosity, I wonder what that other sate was, maybe Georgia, maybe North Carolina?

I can see them slowly expanding up and down the East Coast over the next 10+ years, as new distribution/processing plants (need that meat to be fresh and never frozen!) come online after Franklin, TN does.
I would also guess Georgia or NC, either Atlanta or Charlotte region. Or perhaps Virginia from Richmond, DC and up to Baltimore in Maryland.

Old 01-15-2023, 09:15 AM

Quote:
It (In-N-Out) has a "cult-like following" out west, it's just like other stores and brands; think of IKEA or Wegmans, they're just a furniture store and grocery store respectively, but to some, they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and indoor plumbing!
IKEA is nearby in Charlotte and Atlanta. And there is strong speculation that Wegmans will eventually expand to Charlotte from Raleigh. Then perhaps they could consider an Upstate store for Greenville.

Old 01-15-2023, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
IKEA is nearby in Charlotte and Atlanta. And there is strong speculation that Wegmans will eventually expand to Charlotte from Raleigh. Then perhaps they could consider an Upstate store for Greenville.
I don't live in South Carolina anymore, but now I have a Wegmans 6 miles away and an IKEA 16 miles away, that's what happens when you live in the megalopolis!

Old 01-15-2023, 05:33 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
We have an over abundance of good supermarket chains here. A larger variety of names than any other area I know of. Charlotte's in the same boat. TBH I'm good and will not miss it if we never get a Wegman's.

Old 01-15-2023, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
We have an over abundance of good supermarket chains here. A larger variety of names than any other area I know of. Charlotte's in the same boat. TBH I'm good and will not miss it if we never get a Wegman's.
Yes we have a very good variety of supermarkets here in the Upstate as well as Charlotte, with both Harris Teeter and Publix at the higher end, along with Food Lion and Ingle's mixed in. Plus throw in Lowe's Foods and Fresh market in the upscale tier, Whole Foods, then of course Walmart on the discount side. Plus Costco and Sam's for wholesale bulk purchases. Although Wegmans can be a gamechanger, I am still quite content with the current selection, especially since Harris Teeter returned to the Upstate.

And the other big name in the convenience store sector we always hear is Wawa. They are nice, but I am good with QT and the newer Spinx stores with full kitchen. Wawa is currently expanding down the I-95 corridor from Virginia to Florida, with the Carolinas and Georgia plans underway. I don't think they will expand west into QT territory, from what I have been told. But we shall see.

But back to topic, still hoping for Whataburger later this year but no updates yet.

Old 01-15-2023, 07:00 PM

Quote:
I don't live in South Carolina anymore, but now I have a Wegmans 6 miles away and an IKEA 16 miles away, that's what happens when you live in the megalopolis!
Are you in Northern Virginia or Maryland, or possibly Pennsylvania?

Old 01-16-2023, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Are you in Northern Virginia or Maryland, or possibly Pennsylvania?
In Maryland along the I-95 Corridor.

Old 01-16-2023, 08:40 AM

9,501 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmanpals View Post
The Simple Reason There Are No In-N-Out Locations On The East Coast

Read More: https://www.tastingtable.com/1161436...he-east-coast/
Well Tennessee is pretty far east from California. Maybe not the East Coast, but it does appear that they are willing to slowly expand east.

I can see them in Florida in the next 10 years.

Old 01-17-2023, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Well Tennessee is pretty far east from California. Maybe not the East Coast, but it does appear that they are willing to slowly expand east.

I can see them in Florida in the next 10 years.
Yes Florida would indeed be a good possibility. The world's largest White Castle opened in Orlando over a year ago, expanding from their traditional Norteastern and Midwestern markets.

Would be nice to see White Castle come to the Upstate, but the Southeast is Krystal territory. Although they can't seem to maintain a presence in Greenville in recent years. Gotta go up to Blacksburg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area