Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2008, 10:25 AM

275 posts, read 1,761,694 times

Advertisements

After a whole lot of planning and an anxious 4 months while our house was up for sale, my wife and I finally signed a contract to have a home built. The home will be built in Fountain Inn by Ryan Homes in their Southbrook community. We signed the deal the last weekend of ’07 and flew back to California on New Year’s Eve.

My whole family will be moving there, which includes my wife, 4 year old daughter, and parents, who will be living with us. It will be finished in July, and we won’t be moving there until the home is complete. All of us are very excited about this move and really can’t wait. Unfortunately for me, I’ll be on an assignment with my company in Europe for 2 years and won’t be able to live there full time until 2010.

Since we won’t be around while the home is being built, we need to hire a home inspector to inspect the construction at various phases and send us pictures. We would really appreciate recommendations for good home inspectors in Greenville County. Feel free to direct message me or send an email by clicking on my user name.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 12:03 PM

44 posts, read 169,388 times
Big Congrats to you and your family on your new home purchase We too are building a new Ryan home but at Coachman Plantation ( I think I already told you this in a PM though) We will be going up to SC in 2 weeks to meet with our project manager and to get the ball started. If you get any good advice on an inspector can you please forward me their name as we will be in the same boat as you. (Out of state as the home is being built.) I am going to ask our RE agent for any suggestions and I'll let you know who she recommended to us. Again congrats to you on your new home purchase.

Debi

Old 01-12-2008, 02:17 PM

Thank you Debi, I definitely would appreciate knowing who your RE agent recommends.

A kind individual on the real estate forum gave me the following websites last month:

International Association of Certified Home Inspectors

National Association of Home Inspectors

I am compiling a list of inspectors to contact from these 2 websites and will send you those I think are credible once I get replies.

Take care!

Mike

Old 06-15-2008, 07:04 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,557,816 times
How do you like the neighborhood if you are stillr eading the thread?

Old 06-16-2008, 06:22 AM

grannynancy;

My home is not finished yet. I am working out of the country for a while and requested the home be built slowly. My wife and I were able to make another trip to SC in March and did meet one of our neighbors. They seemed very nice and the community itself still seems very nice. I can't wait to actually live there!

Old 06-16-2008, 12:11 PM

82 posts, read 315,831 times
I am doing everything long distance since I live in northern Minnesota. I flew to Greenville for three days and met with Joe Muratore of A+ Home Inspection, Inc. He was very accomodating of my tight schedule and a pleasant guy all around. My real estate agent recommended him to me. Turns out, my new home builder required certain additional licenses so I couldn't actually use Joe expect for my radon inspection. I am now using Chuck Baldwin with Investment Inspections, Inc. -- Be sure to check with Ryan Homes to see what their requirements (if any) are regarding home inspectors. Good luck!

Old 06-16-2008, 12:16 PM

70 posts, read 174,612 times
Mjames,
Congratulation!!!!!. Where in California did you live. We too moved from Burbank, Ca. a year ago and now live in Greer. We love it down here.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:51 AM

Terri, we were living in the other side of the state in San Jose. We've been gone now for 4 months and I don't miss it!

Old 06-17-2008, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 2,972 times
Grannynancy, I too am from California and was reading your notes to everyone. You seem like someone who would know what's going on in SC. I have some childhood friends that are looking to relocate in Taylor, the rest of us who know and love them would like to know all we can about Taylor and it's surrounding areas, population, climate in all 4 seasons, housing, activities, churches, crime rate etc. This is a decision that they seem to have made very quickly in a weak moment. They made a similar discision a few years ago that had a devasting outcome. As their friends we just want to make sure that this move would be more successful for them than the last one. We've only been friends for the last 55 years so we're a little protective. If this is good for them we will send them off with our blessings if its not we'll have to hog tie them to the county line. I look forward to your reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area