Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2007, 07:35 PM

89 posts, read 421,260 times

Advertisements

We are probably moving to the Simpsonville area this summer. Does anyone know if an online map is available of the neighborhoods or subdivisions in Simpsonville, Mauldin & Fountain Inn? There are so many and the realtor's show them in their listings so it would be nice to see where they are located without having to mapquest every address. Also is there any way of knowing when the subdivision was built? We would like to find one that is not brand new, with more mature lawns and trees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2007, 08:55 PM

823 posts, read 3,689,096 times
You can do a Mapquest search and find out what you are looking for or do a search on Zillow.com

Old 02-23-2007, 01:04 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times
My favorite site for checking out neighborhoods was :
www.greenvilleonline.com

There is a column towards the very top that says "Your Upstate Neighborhoods".
This has some price info which may be helpful!!!

Or under "Homes" you can find neighborhood info:
http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...y=UPHOMEFINDER

This is a great site for all information on Greenville and surrounding cities!!!

As soon as I can remember more websites, I'll submit another post.

Last edited by HDL; 02-23-2007 at 01:18 PM.. Reason: added more info

Old 02-23-2007, 04:14 PM

happydawglady, Thanks for the link to Greenville Online. Showing the home sale prices is very informative as it also contains others sold in the same areas.
It still comes back to my original question though, because it lists according to neighborhoods (over 100) and I don't know where they are. We will be moving from California and I don't know the area at all, so I am not used to seeing the listings by neighborhoods instead of cities or areas. Do neighborhoods relate to subdivisions?

Last edited by olypentax; 02-23-2007 at 04:22 PM..

Old 02-24-2007, 01:12 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Oly,
My wife and I are moving from Burbank in exactly 1 month from today. We bought a brand new, almost 2000sqft home with a 1/2 acre yard for $181,500. See what that gets you here in Cali. lol We almost bought in S'ville but in the end we settled on Greer. Why did you guys choose S'ville? Just curious.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:36 AM

No reason to choose Simpsonville, it just seems to be the consensus favorite. I work for a company with a location down by Charleston and my wife has family in Hendersonville & Brevard, NC. I need to commute So. once and a while so I looked at the So. side of Greenville. We do want to be in the Greater Greenville area.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:18 PM

107 posts, read 520,144 times
You can check out specific neighborhoods and subdivisions at
http://www.journalhomes.com/

Old 02-25-2007, 09:44 PM

698 posts, read 2,841,816 times
When we were in G'ville my husband bought a Greenville County street map by American Map that we found very useful. It not only lists streets and highways but schools and subdivisions marked in red. This particluar map is a bit old and new subdivisions are being added with all the new building, and you may be able to find a newer version of this map online.
Try American Maps or Dolph's at Dolphmap.com

Old 02-26-2007, 09:13 AM

Thanks everyone for your replies, they have been helpful. I have expanded my search some to include the Greer, Boiling Springs, Inman areas. My wife would like to be closer to Hendersonville, NC. We are looking for a 3-4 bdrm. in a nice quiet neighborhood, 5-15 years old, with a community pool, I don't want to take care of my own. There are many listings and I can check each to see if they have a HOA & pool. It seems like most of the subdivisions do have pools which is really different from CA. It would be nice though to have a list of: areas, subdivisions, when built, builder, etc. We are just going to have to visit the area soon to see for ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area