Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2008, 03:50 PM

7 posts, read 26,063 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are renting a home in Fountain Inn, SC. We have paid our rent on time every month, and have maintained the property the whole time (except for two weeks when the riding mower was broken). Our landlady sent us a letter last Saturday, telling us that because she was unhappy with the lawn, we have to move out by Aug. 31st. I don't believe this is legal, but i'm not sure. If it isn't legal, what remedies are available to us? Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 04:00 PM

73 posts, read 236,245 times
If there is a clause in the lease about that them in is technically legal, but no judge would uphold it. If it is the first time she has brought it up then she doesnt have a case really. How long is your lease? she should have to give at least 30 days notice.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:06 PM

our lease is for one year with the option to purchase at the end of that. this could not be considered and eviction, though, right? like a 'you didn't pay your rent, this will go on your credit' type eviction? and she doesn't have to give 90 days notice? i mean, our lease says if we want to break it, we have to pay for the remainder of the lease. are there no penalties for her trying to break the lease? my wife and i both work full-time, and i have no idea how we're gonna find a new place to live in a month??

Old 08-13-2008, 04:21 PM

yea this sounds really fishy to me. she probably wants to keep your option money and move the next people in on a lease option and do the same thing to them. Dont let her get away with this. Go to the free legal council and speak with them about this, she cant just kick you out because she didnt like the yard that is ridiculous

Old 08-13-2008, 04:56 PM

5,487 posts, read 8,318,595 times
Its sad that people do stuff like this to others like they're going to get away with it. You reap what you sow. This is wrong.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:57 PM

how would i get ahold of this free legal council..and thanx for everyone responding. I'm pretty stressed out about this whole situation

Old 08-13-2008, 08:16 PM

apparently it is only available to low income households, but I think they should be able to steer you in the right direction even if you dont qualify

SCLS

Greenville Office
701 South Main St.
Greenville, SC 29601
864-679-3232
800-763-4825

Old 08-14-2008, 12:24 PM

thanx everyone so much for your advice!!

Old 05-02-2013, 10:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,832 times
OK, I have a question.. My ex boyfriend and I were renting a place whenever we were together.. We got evicted bc he did some CRAZY stuff and tore up the house. I left him and the landlord knew everything that was going on with him, I guess I would qualify as a battered woman. Anyways I am only 19 and now I am trying to move out of my parents house. I cant get an apartment bc the "dismissed eviction" on my report. If I talk to the landlord directly and we go to court, if I get him to agree to helping me get this expunged can we do that? I need this off of my credit SO bad. And I am stressing about it. I need to know what lawful steps I need to take to dispute this and get it expunged..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area