Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2017, 06:56 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times

Advertisements

Hope work settles down, cyn. I'm glad you're getting the extra hours!

New job opportunity came up late in the afternoon yesterday, this one in beautiful Colorado! And since it's working on a contract (one year) job for a military arm of the Big Gov-Mint, no new licensing requirements. The kicker will be the RPSGT requirement - I am planning a 3rd try for it but haven't passed it yet, the job details do list it as something they want. The recruiter is going to submit me as a candidate, so we'll see. The mid-MO job didn't respond to my text to them yesterday and I haven't said yes to their offer. I am thinking I am done with them. I need a job but they bug me too much to work for them. I'll keep you guys updated - I pray my work situation settles down. Sincere prayer is required!

Love y'all - Dude - thank you for your words. Love all of y'all and everyone have great Thursday's! There's so many great reasons to be happy and the animals we have are 4 of them - I don't look at them as liabilities - I look at them as blessings from God that he's given me to take care of. They're wonderful!

Old 05-12-2017, 04:51 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Good morning everyone! A gloomy start here with lots of clouds and mist! I know the rain is necessary but we are already 2" above average here! Oh well we have no control of the weather! I'm very sore and tired from yesterday and I work again tonight. It is a blessing to get the extra hours right now for sure! Just have to take it easy today! My Bubba is still not feeling well. He's on a prescription diet now as we continue trying to get this IBS under control. Breaks my heart. I do my best for him.
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 05-12-2017 at 05:54 AM..

Old 05-12-2017, 11:01 AM

I am guessing the cloudy damp weather is not helping with my mood today. I feel very down. I think being sore and tired is also a factor but perhaps the biggest factor is my concern over Bubba. I so need to learn to turn this over to God and I know worry does no good but I still worry especially when I am at work. A vicious circle----need to work but feel badly leaving my fur baby when he isn't feeling good. Writing about it helps so I think you all for being here letting me unload!

Old 05-12-2017, 11:39 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Go ahead and unload cyn if it makes you feel better.

Is Bubba an older dog?

Of course you have been doing your best for him........your devotion is apparent. Don't be hard on yourself.

Old 05-13-2017, 04:22 AM

Thank you elston...I needed to hear that. Yes, Bubba is 11 years old now and Basset Hounds live 12-14 years usually. Both Bella and Bubba are very good dogs and I love them dearly.
I work the Wagfest at the local park for Petsense. My boss will be there too so at least I won't be alone. Not sure what kind of turn out it will be since the weather is wet and cool. This event is to raise donations for our local humane society but they have done little to even advertise for it so I'm a bit disappointed. We'll see........

Old 05-13-2017, 08:39 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Thank you elston...I needed to hear that. Yes, Bubba is 11 years old now and Basset Hounds live 12-14 years usually. Both Bella and Bubba are very good dogs and I love them dearly.
I work the Wagfest at the local park for Petsense. My boss will be there too so at least I won't be alone. Not sure what kind of turn out it will be since the weather is wet and cool. This event is to raise donations for our local humane society but they have done little to even advertise for it so I'm a bit disappointed. We'll see........

Lol - I love that name, Wagfest! I hope you have a good turnout, cyn. Love you all and pray for people and animals everywhere - all living creatures. The Creator gives us many natural protectants for our health and sanity, but, we must look out for each other. Facebook shows tons of examples of things like this - humans helping other humans, and, humans helping animals. Sometimes, animals saving people!

Old 05-13-2017, 02:29 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Just wanted to say hello to all......

I love that name also CYN!!

I hope your having a good day today

Old 05-14-2017, 04:53 AM

Hope all mothers have a great Mothers Day! Both of my children have children so I know they will be celebrating their own Mothers Day. I do hope they call though.
Bubba seems to be doing better today...fingers crossed. Bella has her own problems which are difficult to deal with at her age. We can only do so much. She does not seem to be uncomfortable and is still enjoying life as far as I can tell.
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 05-14-2017, 06:22 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Mothers Day is not an easy holiday for many people.

There are those mothers who feel forgotten or taken for granted and for whom the day is lonely and depressing.....and there are those mothers whose children are dead....or whose children have been lost to them thru a variety of family dynamics, such as drugs, religious differences and life style issues.

There are also the children of abusive or absent mothers,.....mothers who for one reason or another werent up to the job. This holiday is very hard for those kids who didnt experience the love so heralded by Hallmark Card writers.

Mothers' Day can be full of sadness and guilt. We need to remember and be sensitive.

That being said, I am honoring my mother in my heart.

Old 05-14-2017, 06:51 AM

Your post really is so true! It is a lonely time--for me--but I think my kids will call...I hope! I am very blessed that my kids are healthy and doing well. I will go to church and enjoy my church family today! I did call my step mother and wish her a wonderful Mothers Day..she is a blessing! My own mother was a good mother, she died at a younger age and I was very disappointed with that. I do miss her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning