Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2018, 04:12 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times

Advertisements

You fit in here perfectly scotthouse! So happy you have become a regular poster!

Old 07-11-2018, 04:14 PM

You make me laugh gentlearts! No it was a Jesus sign for my yard. She knows I cannot afford another animal right now!

Old 07-11-2018, 04:22 PM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
You make me laugh gentlearts! No it was a Jesus sign for my yard. She knows I cannot afford another animal right now!
Whew! I hadnt thought it might be an animal. I really am glad that you didnt get into I have to replace them mode. You cant afford a dog financially or worry wise. Not now at least. Think of it after a year if you are so inclined....but be realistic. LOL I saw a gorgeous 2 year old brindle great dane free to a good home. It was so beautiful .....but the size of a pony.....not at all realistic. The three I have are really too much for me now.

Old 07-12-2018, 03:54 AM

I know elston. I am above my head already so I need to just stay afloat and adding more animals would not be a smart thing for me. I love what I have--miss those that have gone and probably won't do any replacing ever. They just break my heart when they pass and I have had to go through that to much!
Hope everyone has a beautiful blessed day!

Old 07-12-2018, 06:06 AM

Good Morning Everyone.....hope that you have a good day.

I have been busily folding laundry and doing another wash. It Never Ends.....and there are just the two of us. I marvel at how we used to do it when we had families to cook and wash, dry and fold for. LOL

Old 07-12-2018, 08:02 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Good Morning Everyone.....hope that you have a good day.

I have been busily folding laundry and doing another wash. It Never Ends.....and there are just the two of us. I marvel at how we used to do it when we had families to cook and wash, dry and fold for. LOL
I marvel at that too. Did you ever notice how, in Europe they have those tiny washers in the kitchen and no dryer? How would a family manage?

Old 07-12-2018, 08:11 AM

727 posts, read 152,009 times
Good morning everyone...... I hope today proves to be a good one for all

Old 07-12-2018, 09:15 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
We took a trip day before yesterday to Tucson to visit our son. On the way back, I got sleepy driving and we stopped at Deming, NM, to get a hotel room. Yesterday I went out to our car to start it up - it just tried to turn over but wouldn't totally start. Ugh!

I called my insurance agency for help - a guy came out and gave my a jump start - I didn't need one, I didn't think it was the battery. My battery was strong. Called the insurance agency back and they sent a tow truck to take my to a car repair place in Deming. We got over there and they scanned the engine - came back as a crankcase sensor sending unit. I've heard of it before but know close to nothing about that part.

He said the part wouldn't be in until tomorrow (Friday). That was not going to work. So, State Farm agreed to pay for a second tow to Las Cruces, NM, to the Kia dealer in town. So we rode with the Deming tow guy with our car to the Kia dealer in Las Cruces. We had to rent a car - we got a Toyota Yaris IA sedan until Monday morning. Meanwhile, I missed work last night - my Boss understood and said "it looks like you've got your hands full - don't worry about work tonight - I'm calling your patient and canceling him for tonight." She is a fantastic Boss who is not a "Lord it over you type" of Boss. Very happy with her. So we went and got some Chinese food, then drove home the 70 miles east to Alamogordo. Our bed was so nice to sleep in last night!

The Kia dealer called about a half hour ago - sure enough, it's the crankcase sensor sending unit - they have to order it and they should have it done Friday afternoon. She said I could pick it up Saturday afternoon and the bill will come to $361.68. That's expensive but it coulda been much worse when you're talking automotive mechanics. Yikes.

So I work tonight and tomorrow night and then I'll sleep until 12 or 1 Saturday afternoon, then we'll head west in the rental car and go pick up our 2011 Kia Soul 5-speed.

Ahh, life can be so full of surprises sometimes. We took Meggy May, the Chow Chow with us, the people at the Kia dealer in Las Cruces absolutely loved her! She was barking at them on and off - she's a good girl but she is charged with the job of protecting Mom and Dad, don't ya know! All's well that ends well.

Have great Thursday's all of y'all!

Old 07-12-2018, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I marvel at that too. Did you ever notice how, in Europe they have those tiny washers in the kitchen and no dryer? How would a family manage?
In Japan also....a very small washer.....and no dryer. They have hangers to put all the laundry out in the sun....they also dry things over the railing on the balconies. and they put their futon mattress out to air in the sun. Comforter tops for the futon are taken to the laundromat to wash and dry.....and that seems to be at least weekly.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:03 PM

elko......alls well that ends well. So glad you had an understanding boss!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning