Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2018, 03:52 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times

Advertisements

Always good to see you Molly! Hope your life is going well!
We keep having these wicked rain storms!! Wish I could send some to California!
Still not feeling up to par--but doing better I think!
Hope everyone enjoys their day and it is blessed!

Old 08-13-2018, 05:43 AM

Feeling a little concerned so am considering finding a gyn doctor to check me out. If I just try to wait this out my imagination will go crazy! I don't have a gyn anymore so will have to go to a new one--oh joy!

Old 08-13-2018, 09:03 AM

815 posts, read 981,425 times
I hope you feel better cyn. Your primary doctor should be able to refer you to a gyn.
But it is definitely no fun finding a new doctor.
We've had lots of rain here this summer. Our pond is overflowing and the mosquitoes are awful.
We were so dry the past 2 summers that I shouldn't complain. Last year I was actually worried that my pond might go dry!

Old 08-13-2018, 01:29 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
Yep, mollybygolly, we have mosquitos here in southern New Mexico, too. I got two bites - one by my elbow and on the other arm on the forearm, and boy do they ever itch!

cyn - hope you get the doc you need and that you like them and feel comfortable with them. I might switch - my new doc here in Alamogordo didn't like that I didn't want to go on a second diabetes drug and let me have it. He told me my limbs could be amputated, my eyesight could go, my heart could have trouble, etc. And he had a student doctor watching everything, too. It was my wife that really disagreed with it and I decided that I didn't want to take 2 diabetes drugs, too, so I told him. I have been taking two 500mg tablets of Metformin twice a day for about 3 years now. It was my doctor in Dodge City, KS, who first prescribed Metformin to me. So I've been on it for 3 years and my blood glucose levels are still too high. Not horribly high, but too high. So my wife would like me to battle it with diet and exercise. And, wouldn't you know it, like a good American doctor, he had a cow over my decision. Also, nothing can be done over the phone with his practice. I have to go in to discuss anything and everything. With my insurance it's only a $30 co-pay, but still.

So, long story short, I'm thinking I'll go back to my old doctor in Alamogordo. He's in a "first come, first served" type practice just down the street from where we live (both doctor's offices are just down the street from us, actually). But this doctor I want to go back to was the one that discovered my hypothyroidism and initiated me taking levothyroxine to treat it. It's normal now. I think I can communicate my thoughts and ideas better with him, so I'll make the switch.

The third thing I have is good old asthma. I take good old Albuterol for that and my asthma is well-controlled without a long-term asthma medicine like a cortocosteroid. So those two things are good. I had to pick out off my full blood panel printout that my Vitamin D count was only 17. It should be 30 and up to 100-something! I told this new doc that and so he put me on Vitamin D tablets. I take it once a week and it will take 6 months to a year to get to normal values! Y'all should have your Vitamin D checked with a blood test - it's also pretty important.

So there's my whole healthcare sum-up for y'all! I'm gonna be 59 in a week, and my health problems are fairly common ones. the Vitamin D thing is really important and my new doc missed that number on my Comprehensive Blood Panel. I bet that irritated him, too, that I noticed it. Actually, I can thank my wife for pointing out that for me. I love her so much and I sincerely am sorry for any of you on here that have lost spouses or children or wonderful animals to death. I am truly sorry!

Overall I feel like things are OK with me, except my Diabetes blood glucose levels. I love sweets...and it shows. Exercise and weight loss can really help with getting blood glucose levels down, I hear, so I'm going to work on it more vigorously. Diabetes can be a killer!

Everyone enjoy your Monday's to the full!

Last edited by elkotronics; 08-13-2018 at 01:38 PM..

Old 08-14-2018, 04:06 AM

Good morning all!
Molly, my regular doctor told me I could see his nurse practitioner for my female medical work needed but I wanted to see a regular obgyn--felt like I needed that! So I looked around and found a women's center in town! Called and they got me in using a cancellation yesterday afternoon. He was a very nice doctor--very understanding and it is a good thing I decided to go! I have a kidney and bladder infection so he put me on a good old antibiotic but he only put me on it for 6 days trying to avoid more problems like another yeast infection! Now I understand why I have been so tired. The rest of the tests will be back in a few days. Praying there are no other problems. I was a little disappointed because I lost 4 pounds and for me that is a lot. Oh well back to a good diet! I have been eating well but there was a couple of days I ate very little when I first felt sick. When I got home yesterday I was so tired I fell asleep at 5pm. When I woke up at 7:30pm I thought is was morning and was so confused! Once I figured out it was only a couple of hours later I fed my kitties and went back to bed. Guess my body needs the rest! Work tonight.....hopefully it won't rain too!
Another day another step forward! I see my therapist on Wed, tomorrow, so I am very happy about that--good timing!
Have a blessed day everyone!

Old 08-14-2018, 07:39 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Good news, Cyn! Wouldn’t it be great if this is what has been making you so tired lately? Hope you mend quick.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:51 AM

From my research it can make you very tired--your body is trying to fight off an infection so it makes sense. I am having a bad pain in my tummy but I am almost sure it is the antibiotic and it is what it is! I'm sure it will go away soon! Now my next grand adventure--making that dreaded appointment for a colonoscopy. First I will get this infection gone and then I will make an appointment for that. They keep calling me to get back in so guess it is time. UGH!! Guess I have to keep things in check!

Old 08-14-2018, 10:56 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Cyn, why don't you use the Cologuard for that dreaded test? I refuse to have a colonoscopy done. I use the Cologuard.

I am on Metformin twice a day and Levothyroxine too, Elko. I also take heart medicine.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:59 AM

I would love to use the Cologuard but I already had the regular colonoscopy a few years back and had to have some polyps removed so now I can't use the Cologuard--sigh.....so you take Metformin and have no problems? That's encouraging since that is what I am starting to take now! I had such severe pain from that other antibiotic still last night I honestly considered going to the emergency! But decided against it since it cost to much and my kitties need me here. Thankfully the pain is a lot less this morning! We'll see how the day goes and now with the Metformin perhaps I won't have this problem. I pray! Pills are the Pitts! I missed work so that goes to say how badly I felt. I'll try to make up a few extra hours Thursday!
I have to admit this whole ordeal scared me...being alone is so hard especially when you don't feel good! I just hope this pain continues to get better today!
Hope all of you have a blessed day! I just looked at my prescription and it's not Metformin but Macrobid. Looked close! Ha!

Last edited by cynwldkat; 08-15-2018 at 04:35 AM..

Old 08-15-2018, 09:53 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Ha, I was just going to say "Metformin is not an antibiotic! WTH kind of doctor do you have?" I did not know that you could not use Cologuard if you have had polops removed. I wonder why? Doesn't make sense to me.

Drink some cranberry juice. That helps too.

HAGD everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning