Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2018, 11:53 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times

Advertisements

I saw a video about getting rid of Type II Diabetes forever. I may look in to it some more.

VeddaBloodSugarProtocol.com

The guy almost lost his wife to Diabetes and got a tip from a Sri Lankan, I believe it was. There's a tribe there that have never had a single person diagnosed with Diabetes and it's because of their diet. Pretty nice find, cinnamon sticks are one of the things to eat, there are, of course, many more things allowable to eat on the plan. Might check it out further later on!

Old 08-15-2018, 01:05 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Sure can't hurt elko--you will not hear it from a doctor here for sure!

Old 08-15-2018, 09:39 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,380,209 times
Cyn, if you're having severe abdominal pain, you should probably have not only a colonoscopy, but also a cat scan. The cat scan will show if you have diverticulitis even better than a colonoscopy will. I was having severe abdominal pain two years ago and the health clinic I was going to fiddle faddled around with all kinds of antibiotics and tests of various sorts until my colon actually perforated and I had to have emergency surgery to save my life. They stalled on getting me a cat scan until it was almost too late. I woke up from surgery with a colostomy bag attached to my tummy. I had a great surgeon and a year later he reversed the colostomy and put my plumbing back together. None of this would have happened if a cat scan had been ordered up sooner.
I have one of those medic alert devices. So when my pain got severe, I pushed the little button and told the nice man who answered that I needed an ambulance. He got an ambulance to me within ten minutes. I was operated within 30 minutes of when the ambulance arrived. Since you live alone, you might consider getting a health/safety device. It can give you some peace of mind knowing that there is someone you can contact for help a push button away.

This is the device I got. It costs $18 a month for some peace of mind. Hope you feel better soon.
Cell Phones, Medical Alert & Safety for Seniors | GreatCall

GreatCall is a leading provider of active aging & independent living solutions. Explore cell phones & medical alert devices that allow safety for seniors.
https://www.greatcall.com

Old 08-16-2018, 03:39 AM

Thanks for the great ideas janellen. I am going in for the colonoscopy as soon as I decide when and I will be sure to ask about the cat scan too. At least with medical bills they let you pay them off in time! I haven't had the stomach pains for too long and they are basically only on my right side. The antibiotics I am taking now seem to be helping.
I am going to try to go to work today--have to now! I will be fine I am sure!
Hope everyone has a blessed day!

Old 08-16-2018, 03:57 AM

48,133 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Good Morning cyn and all who stop by.

Old 08-16-2018, 04:22 AM

Good morning elston. I was thinking about you this morning--good thoughts of course!

Old 08-16-2018, 06:57 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Another one of my friends passed this week. She was in her late 60s. Second one this year. What the hell?

I've felt terrible recently. Every little thing that's wrong with me has been getting out of hand. I used to like summer, but now it's just another season with a high utility bill. I can stand a bit of heat, but the humidity gets to me.
I am so sorry your dealing with the loss of your friend, seems like everything is wrong when that happens....
Please know your in my thoughts and prayers dear lady

Old 08-16-2018, 11:15 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Good afternoon. Cyn, do you still have your appendix? That's on the right side towards your pelvis. My pain came and went for 3-4 years until I had to have emergency surgery to take it out. It's been 44 years pain free!

I looked up that site to the Sri Lanka thing, elko but unfortunately I have no control over the cooking. Good idea though.

Hi, elston. You have been pretty quiet for a couple of days! Everything all right?

Have a great day everyone.

Old 08-16-2018, 05:38 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
tamiznluv - yeah, I told my wife about it and she just kind of said "why does it have to be $37." The founder of the anti-Type II Diabetes program told everyone watching the video he was shook to the core over his wife's condition. Having seen that and reading about it, I feel "warned" about where Diabetes can lead a person that has it.

The outcome can be bad. My doc in Alamogordo had me sign a disclaimer saying that anything that happens to me since I turned down his suggestion to add Amaryl (2nd Type II Diabetes drug) to Metformin was totally on me. He's not responsible. I signed it.

And I'm pretty certain I'm heading to my old doctor in town and not dealing with his fiery attitude any more. Plus, they don't have a helpful, knowledgeable nurse available on the phone. Anything you want to talk about means you have to make an appointment with him and come in to see him. Ugh!

I'm spoiled by some great HMO's I had while working for Boeing at their Everett, WA, plant.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:03 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Fortunately my Metformin is doing a good job of keeping my A1C down to just 7. It got up to 7 because I kept forgetting to take that 2nd pill. Now I faithfully take it. I even got up in the middle of the night Tuesday to take it! I had remembered after I had gotten into bed and I thought about it and thought about it until I couldn't stay in bed any longer. I took the pill, got back into bed and promptly fell asleep. They are 1,000 mgs each.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning