Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2018, 09:21 PM

85 posts, read 86,463 times

Advertisements

Hello, it has been a year since my father passed away. My mother is a widow and we are taking his death in strides. However, with me I go through lots of triggers which causes me to get sad. His death was very sad, he passed away from sepsis that was caused by a bad fall. I was very close with my father and passing by the same spot and locations creates sadness for me. I am trying to get myself settled on the possibility of relocating to another state. I feel like I am in a rut staying in the same place and getting triggered all the time and feel like it is time for a new change and culture.

Does relocation help the healing process of grieving. Did you ever relocate after the death of a loved one and how did you handle it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 12:19 AM

16,090 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Relocation is a tremendous amount of work. It depends on your situation but it took three years to sell my house at one end and considerable planning and confusion at the other end. There is nothing easy about it but with the right frame of mind and a positive situation in your new residence you might find it helpful. The learning curve will take up much of your time and thinking so it serves as a distraction. It sounds to me like you have some other motivations beyond your grief. Is being in a "rut" associated with your loss? Will your mother be moving with you? If so, you might have to consider her needs and wishes. Is another state really necessary? That adds a little more to the confusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Grief and Mourning