Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Respectable,Smart Women with Mexican Husbands

Group Created by MissingPCB

A place for us women to talk about issues that come about every day in an interracial realtionship, children, marriage and anything else

View All Members Showing 8 of 8 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 7 of 7
  1. KathyLeAnn
    06-16-2009 04:15 PM - permalink
    KathyLeAnn
    Hello! My name is Kathy! (it took me a long time to find somewhere to turn, and I ended up on this thread)
    Just for background info* I am an 18 year old white girl. Pale, brown eyes, and I dye my hair because I like to act for school productions. I'm not very strong, and not very outspoken. My heritage is English, Irish, French, and German.*
    Anyway, I have been dating my boyfriend Hector for almost 10 months now. And he's probably the greatest guy I've ever met. Every other guy I've dated was white, although in my opinion they lacked masculinity and honor. I'm not saying Hector isn't compassionate, but he's also no pushover. I like the fact that I don't have to worry about getting mugged when we go out at night (like I had to with my previous boyfriends-). I like the fact that he treats me as his equal, but also as a lady. Unlike white guys tend too.
    One thing I haven't gotten used too is the stares. People obviously aren't ready for interracial relationships in South Carolina. It's not so much my family, as it is his family. They haven't met me, they just call me 'the white girl.' I know enough Spanish to understand when I'm not accepted. And it hurts.
    My friends don't make it too easy either, always making racist jokes like "He'll leave you with a baby" "He's gonna beat you as soon as the ring is on the finger" "say goodbye to ever going out by yourself" Stuff like that.
    Honestly, I think I am truly in love with Hector. I just don't know if I can handle all the cruelty that other people would hope to inflict on our relationship.
    Does anyone have any tips on how to cope with the stress?
    It would help me alot
  2. cabolissa
    12-17-2008 03:48 PM - permalink
    cabolissa
    Hi HeatherWee!
    I'm also a respectable smart woman with a Mexican husband. We met when I moved to Cozumel (for the diving), and I lived in Mexico for 5 years before we relocated to my native California. By the way, my husband did NOT want to move here, I had to beg him to. Many middle class Mexicans are perfectly happy in their country and don't need to move here to be treated like trash. My family is of Finnish decent, so I'm the typical white girl (looks wise, anyway). I live in OC which is way too conservative and anti-immigrant for me, and I'm planning on relocating to Denver very soon.
    I constantly hear ethic slurs in my community, and I'm not surprised by it. Most people from the States don't travel, don't speak another language, and don't like it if you do!
    They think all Mexican immigrants are illegal, and that all illegals are Mexican (even though Mexico is a thoroughfare for all of South America). I'm trying to learn not to debate them, however, because it's too upsetting and these people are set in their ignorant ways... I look forward to getting to know you.
  3. HeatherWee
    11-03-2008 05:35 AM - permalink
    HeatherWee
    I don't jknow if anyone else checks this group or adds coments but hello if you are out there! Write back..I feel all alone here by myself. How is everyone doing? I'm orig from Cali anyone else?
  4. HeatherWee
    10-08-2008 07:16 AM - permalink
    HeatherWee
    Ok, I am a respectable smart woman with a mexican husband and the hardest thing that I go through everyday is with people who think that it is ok to talk about other races without even stopping to think that maybe I have a husband who is not white like me or that my 5 children are mexican and white. The other tough thing was his side of the family basically coming to terms with me not giving them all black hair brown eyed family. Our youngest is a buitiful little girl but she has blond-blond hair and crystal blue eyes with the last name Corona. It doesn't help that I live in the midwest where stereo-types run ramped. So what do you go through, and how hard is it for you?
  5. MissingPCB
    08-04-2008 07:20 PM - permalink
    MissingPCB
    Hey I was just looking to start a conservation with somebody , being here in mexico, i am so far away from my country, I haven't made a connection with anybody. I haven't really met anybody that speaks english, besides the ladys at the school. Does anybody know the place to go to meet americans who live here?
  6. queen14
    07-20-2008 09:21 PM - permalink
    queen14
    hi!im new hir!!!hope 2 have a nice bond with u guys...
  7. MissingPCB
    07-19-2008 12:48 PM - permalink
    MissingPCB
    hello , there are so many things going on with immigration, racial profiling, at the same time there are good things happening in our personal lives, I was just wondering if there was anybody out there that might like to chat