Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a moderated group.

Unhappy Owners of Weiss Homes

Group Created by XrayEyes
View All Members Showing 10 of 10 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 40
  1. XrayEyes
    02-24-2011 08:10 PM - permalink
    XrayEyes
    Group meeting in April (date changed) will include attorney representative...don't miss this important meeting!
  2. WHsux
    02-17-2011 08:06 AM - permalink
    WHsux
    Let us know more details as you get them...Weiss Homes is very sneaky.
  3. XrayEyes
    02-11-2011 10:59 AM - permalink
    XrayEyes
    Group meeting coming soon...this will be important for members to attend!!!
  4. XrayEyes
    01-15-2011 09:15 PM - permalink
    XrayEyes
    Updates are in the works. Don't let appearances fool you...they can run plenty of businesses dba Weiss Homes.
  5. WHsux
    01-04-2011 07:31 PM - permalink
    WHsux
    Any updates?

Did Kym Baker jump the Weiss Homes sinking ship yet and take that job in Kentucky?

Is Weiss Homes, Inc. left with no assets and unable or unwilling to honor warranty commitments?

Did Dave Weiss and Rita Weiss finally divorce? If so who gets custody of the dogs (no kids, thankfully)?
  6. XrayEyes
    11-30-2010 11:15 PM - permalink
    XrayEyes
    Last month Weiss agreed to conducting business without proper licensing in Michigan and paid a small fee to the State of Michigan.
  7. XrayEyes
    11-30-2010 11:11 PM - permalink
    XrayEyes
    They have played the shell game for some time. Unfortunately, that only works if you make mistakes or just do "bad business". Fraud tends to preclude you from protection. D&O doesn't cover felonies either...
  8. WHsux
    11-15-2010 05:00 PM - permalink
    WHsux
    Apparently Weiss Homes, Inc. is now just a shell company (no assets left in it). Dave Weiss does business under the "Weiss Homes" name using various other LLC's to protect his money from lawsuits.

Would you want to buy a home from a builder that is so scared of lawsuits over their poor business and building practices that you could never collect any money from them to fix what they did wrong??? There are better, more reputable builders out there...I suggest avoiding Weiss Homes at all costs!
  9. WHsux
    10-21-2010 03:02 PM - permalink
    WHsux
    For the past two years or so Weiss Homes, Inc. has been "crying poor" and owes a lot of people a lot of money. I'm sure Dave Weiss has squirreled away a lot of money outside of the company(s). However, if he can be found personally liable then that would get access to the his big stash of cash. He has really been keeping his lawyers busy of late too.

Interesting to note that in a recent new homes magazine for Michiana it lists Weiss Homes Building Group, LLC instead of Weiss Homes, Inc.

It is unclear how one can use a bunch of new LLC's and the old corporation all using the assumed name of "Weiss Homes". That seems like that business entity structure could be pierced.

Why ANYONE would EVER buy a home built by Weiss Homes is beyond me. I know I certainly would never ever ever ever buy a home from them after seeing how they mistreated people that I know. The horror stories about Weiss Homes (and Dave, Rita, and Kym) go on and on and on.
  10. XrayEyes
    10-21-2010 12:46 PM - permalink
    XrayEyes
    Weiss' circumstances will be very precarious. He is not the only one that should be worried still. As for Kym, maybe she should have taken that job...anything to demonstrate she hasn't been running with the pack. She is an officer afterall. You think they ever considered wasting a dime on D&O?? Just as well, D&O doesn't cover fraud.