Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Catholics

Group Created by Suburban Gal

Are you Catholic? Come join! (Practicing and non-practicing Catholics are welcome.)

View All Members Showing 10 of 117 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 41 to 50 of 192
  1. Todd Tyillian
    10-31-2009 12:21 PM - permalink
    Todd Tyillian
    Hello everybody! I'm going to be moving down there soon and I'm really looking forward to it! I'll be working as the supervisor at the new alcohol and drug recovery facility thats being finished now. We will be located right next to the Holiday Inn Express! I'm so glad that there is a Catholic church there! See you all soon!
  2. Marc Ellus
    10-30-2009 10:43 AM - permalink
    Marc Ellus
    "My folks had 18 grandchildren. "

God Bless your parents, Sorry they had to see one of thier children pass. How was it for you, groing up in such a large Catholic family? Are you all close?
  3. Okiegirlfriend
    10-29-2009 04:36 PM - permalink
    Okiegirlfriend
    My folks had 18 grandchildren. Of those, maybe 5 still go to Mass regularly and 1 is deceased. It is a very sad situation. All we can do is pray for them.
  4. Marc Ellus
    10-29-2009 12:51 PM - permalink
    Marc Ellus
    Hello All... I’m a Catholic, my parents had 7 of us. I loved growing up in a large family and I find that large families are common in our faith. It seems hard(er) to keep family in the faith than it was when I was growing up. Is it just me or does anyone else feel this way? I have three grown kids all say that they are Catholic but do not go to church regularly.
  5. Currency Pair Crocodile
    10-21-2009 05:08 PM - permalink
    Currency Pair Crocodile
    I'm planning on doing a beauty pageant type contest, folks. It can be called Anti-catholica Fashionistas 2009, the premiere edition.

Here is my first draft of a possible beauty queens list:

cncracer
    dcashley

Anything else??
  6. Currency Pair Crocodile
    10-19-2009 06:33 PM - permalink
    Currency Pair Crocodile
    Teddy Claus and the reindeer are back with child abuse threads

Christmas comes early
  7. Currency Pair Crocodile
    10-18-2009 11:21 PM - permalink
    Currency Pair Crocodile
    But while I can be a blind follower of the Vatican, I'm also a stinging critic of its troubled past. That the papal states went away was good AND bad.
  8. Currency Pair Crocodile
    10-18-2009 11:19 PM - permalink
    Currency Pair Crocodile
    Would that be a sedevacantist? I've met some of them, they are pretty hardcore and devout. And this is what is bizarre, even I tend to agree a lot with them, though I think I have accepted Vatican II because it's the rightful thing for a catholic to do, follow the Vatican
  9. Bunjee
    10-18-2009 11:11 AM - permalink
    Bunjee
    Judging from his/her recent thread and a couple of posts I've read, I'd say bellafinzi is a conservative Catholic, of the pre-Vatican II glasnost persuasion. The criticisms are directed more at "modern Catholicism". At those of my ilk, actually.
  10. Currency Pair Crocodile
    10-18-2009 07:54 AM - permalink
    Currency Pair Crocodile
    Folks, help me decode the bellafinzi character on C/D. What's up with him/her? Is he/she for or against Catholicism? Anyone knows???