U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

Catholics

Group Created by Suburban Gal

Are you Catholic? Come join! (Practicing and non-practicing Catholics are welcome.)

View All Members Showing 10 of 106 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 41 to 50 of 183
  1. Currency Pair Crocodile
    10-18-2009 08:54 AM - permalink
    Currency Pair Crocodile
    Folks, help me decode the bellafinzi character on C/D. What's up with him/her? Is he/she for or against Catholicism? Anyone knows???
  2. Currency Pair Crocodile
    10-17-2009 01:08 PM - permalink
    Currency Pair Crocodile
    Roger that, Sophie. I'm working on it and reviewing the situation It's been difficult
  3. sophialee
    10-10-2009 02:42 PM - permalink
    sophialee
    Antlered, I saw your thread that got locked on the religion Forum about a Catholic/Atheist relationship. My opinion, if it matters, is don't do it. In the beginnin it seems like it'll be ok, but once the fuzzy puppy feelings wane you will wonder what you are doing w/ someone who holds such incredibly different beliefs than you. My two cents
  4. mb64282
    10-08-2009 04:08 PM - permalink
    mb64282
    what the heck are people talking about when they talk about occult? seems like it's a growing thing or I just never noticed it before but it seems like a lot of Catholics are talking about Occult which I find really confusing because I looked up Occult and Christianity meets the criteria, I do not mean that mean, I'm just saying, it does. However, what are Catholics referring to? I mean, I just read, 'oh it's so sad, people are turning to the Occult?' lol what is everyone talking about when they talk about the occult or does it differ? Then I read, it could be in reference to Wicca...is this what they are talking about? The definition of Occult is:
    oc·cult (-klt, klt)adj.1. Of, relating to, or dealing with supernatural influences, agencies, or phenomena.
    2. Beyond the realm of human comprehension; inscrutable.
    3. Available only to the initiate; secret: occult lore. See Synonyms at mysterious.
    4. Hidden from view; concealed.
    5. a. Medicine Detectable only by microscopic examination or chemical analysis, as a minute blood sample.
    b. Not accompanied by readily detectable signs or symptoms: occult carcinoma.

n. Occult practices or techniques: a student of the occult.

v. (-klt) oc·cult·ed, oc·cult·ing, oc·cults
    v.tr.1. To conceal or cause to disappear from view.
    2. Astronomy To conceal by occultation: The moon occulted Mars.

v.intr. To become concealed or extinguished at regular intervals: a lighthouse beacon that occults every 45 seconds. -freedictionary.com

Doesn't God in every religion meet definition number one and two?
  5. Currency Pair Crocodile
    10-06-2009 11:38 PM - permalink
    Currency Pair Crocodile
    Okiegf, as a catholic I don't know who me and my steed have to charge at..... other hostile christians or the hostile atheist/agnostic tribesfolks...... I'm glad at least the catholicbash unites these grasshoppers
  6. Currency Pair Crocodile
    10-06-2009 11:37 PM - permalink
    Currency Pair Crocodile
    LOL, Bunjee, I did British English since the age of 3
  7. janelle144
    09-25-2009 11:15 PM - permalink
    janelle144
    Yikes, I forget to come here to check it out since I don't get any email notifications for updates.
  8. mb64282
    09-24-2009 06:47 AM - permalink
    mb64282
    do a google image search on Samuel Armas and it should come up. It was interesting how I came across it, on this forum I was describing this scene from the show 'House' and someone told me it was based on this little boys case. Too cool to find out it was real and not just hypothetical or a good tv show scene.
  9. jabtexas
    09-21-2009 06:37 PM - permalink
    jabtexas
    mb64282 - how can I get the picture of the fetus grabbing the hand of the surgeon?
  10. jabtexas
    09-21-2009 02:46 PM - permalink
    jabtexas
    The word "saved" is used many times in the Bible: Lk:7.50 "and He (Christ) said to the woman, Your FAITH has SAVED you; go in peace" - Acts:16.30 the jailer asks Paul and Silas... "Sirs, what must I do to be SAVED?" They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be SAVED, you and your household." mb64282-you cannot get unsaved! "Lingo" is not a proper term for the word "SAVED" if you are referring to the Bible "SAVED." In different churches we use different terms. These terms are usually taken from somewhere in the Bible, but they don't always convey the same thoughts in every church-membership. I alway rejected the question and answered, "I've been saved for as long as I can remember." That is an answer that is not understood by the "are you saved" group. But, I know when I was very young and just a tiny little girl, as I sat in the Catholic Church, not being taught anything by man, in my heart I was overwhelmed in worship and didn't even understand what was going on in my tiny heart, just love, love, love and belief that I didn't understand. I believe that the Baptists are the biggest user of the term, i.e. "Are you saved?" "no offense meant" This is their way of asking and being sure they haven't missed telling anyone the "GOOD NEWS" - - - This is to their credit that they are so bold to care about others being brought into the KINGDOM OF GOD. SALVATION is between you and GOD (ELOHIM), no one else. You don't have walk down an aisle, confess your sins/mistakes to an audience, "take Jesus into your heart" etc., etc., etc. - - - You KNOW if you BELIEVE and He KNOWS if you believe. The WORD OF GOD - - - DOES NOT REQUIRE ANYTHING OR ANYONE; NOTHING!!! except FAITH in our LORD, JESUS the MESSIAH to be SAVED. Now after you make this "LIFE CHANGING DECISION" - - then it becomes another DECISION - TO FOLLOW HIM. But remember He is always with you and promised: "I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU, NOR FORSAKE YOU." Hebrews 13:5
    I pray BLESSINGS OVER YOU and your intimate relationship with The FATHER, THE SON, and THE HOLY SPIRIT.