Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a public group.

people with love ones in prison

Group Created by kayla101

dose anybody have a loved one in prison

View All Members Showing 10 of 20 Member(s)
Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 11
  1. Erinbrooke79
    04-30-2017 02:27 AM - permalink
    Erinbrooke79
    My son and husband are both in prison. My son is coming home in July and I hope he stays out of trouble but unfortunately I don't think he will because he won't give up his "friends". I've been dealing with his and my husband's legal stuff since 2012. I've been all over Oklahoma going to see my son at different facilities since he was 16. I think once someone gets in trouble and goes to prison its pretty much over because people can't get jobs very easy and if they get a job it's usually making minimum wage which all that money goes into the fees and fines and required classes, etc which ultimately ends in the person going back to prisons. My husband was out for 10 years but when he got in trouble it didn't matter if it was 1 year or 10 years since he'd been in trouble his past legal problems enhanced his punishment . He drank antifreeze trying to kill himself and was in the hospital on dialysis for almost a month when the police came into his hospital room hog tied him in his hospital bed and took him to oklahoma county jail which was scary but that explains why people are found dead in that jail so often. My husband has brain damage and didn't know what was going on. He has not been seen by a Dr or anything since his arrest. I've spent so much time and money and emotional energy on these cases I'm wore out and broke and have no family or friends. I'm miserable
  2. armon w rac
    01-16-2014 12:40 PM - permalink
    armon w rac
    HI name is Armon, our Son just got a B.C.D. from the Air Force and is not serving his time. This has devastated him & this Family. We think this he was done unjust (probably a lot of us fill this way) but, nothing we can do now but move forward. We just pray he will make it though this and be all right. He got 13 months but, both of his attorneys say that, in 4 Months he will be up for parole (we hope & pray) Our Son was never and I mean never in any trouble and is a very good person with a very big heart and we would do anything to help him but we just don't know where to start. if anybody our there could help it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks..
  3. scarlet.luna
    12-27-2013 03:45 PM - permalink
    scarlet.luna
    Hi I´m Scarlett. My husband is at PVSP in Ca. His release date is June 2016, but hopefully sooner. I just wanted to introduce myself. Would be really great to communicate with others who can relate with this unique situation - doing their time out here while we wait, worry, hope and pray for their safe return and a new start. If you need to vent, chat, whatever, hit me up
  4. kalynnwalley
    01-13-2013 08:00 PM - permalink
    kalynnwalley
    my boyfriend was in prison for 13 years on a 30 year charge. in October he got a speeding ticket and the revoked is parole on November 29th. in the past year that he has been out he stayed off drugs didn't drink was working out of a labor hall and started taking welding classes. and is now in front of the parole board again for a speeding ticket. it sucks cause it is rear for inmates to come out and do so well and then you find that one and treat him like he is the same person that go locked up.. he's a good man.
  5. Need Answer
    04-17-2012 11:16 AM - permalink
    Need Answer
    My son is 31, and is in jail. He has never been in any serious trouble before. Unfortunately, at a late age 28, got addicted to pain meds. He got caught with 2 pills and was put on probation. He violated probation when he couldn't find a job, and relapsed. You would think that probation has more important violators of probation then someone who is not hurting anyone but himself. They went to his fathers house and picked him up. He was sentenced to 30 days drug rehab in jail, then he gets out and again he will be on probation. I don't think jail or prison is the right place for people who have a drug problem. I fear he will never get a job now and will be forever depressed and continue to relapse and end up in prison. I have tried everything to help him. I feel that at least with drugs, after they complete there jail term, they should get off of probation. It is all about the state collecting money.
  6. JADED415
    04-12-2012 09:55 AM - permalink
    JADED415
    my dads been in prison for 24 years, 9 years beyond his 15 year sentence... its criminal to keep people locked up beyond their time but who makes the law when it comes to law makers? no one, they function by their own rules and get away with murder by convincing society these guys are all "violent criminals"...
  7. katrina matthews
    04-04-2012 12:48 AM - permalink
    katrina matthews
    I have a brother who is in jail, possibly facing prison. Praying it does'nt happen. But I still want everyone who is going through this to know my heart is out there for you.
  8. kentscorner1
    03-24-2012 04:33 PM - permalink
    kentscorner1
    hello my son and brother in law is in prison thats great brittany im happy to hear hes on his way home
  9. brittanysteen1988
    03-18-2012 01:14 PM - permalink
    brittanysteen1988
    i have my brother who is 25 he been locked up sence 2005 and he finely coming home dec. 28, 2012
  10. prayful
    03-14-2012 10:48 PM - permalink
    prayful
    Good Evening,
    My grandson is unfortunately serving time. This is his 2nd time! He gave up trying to find employment and made the wrong decision to try and make money the easy way. I wish I knew how to push our state politicians to push for a "bill" that would ENCOURAGE employers to hire ex-felons.