Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Social Groups
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Social Group
This is a moderated group.

Veterans Helping Veterans

Group Created by teralyn

I have dreamed for a very long time to create and start a nonprofit organization to help veterans. I am a veteran and I've worked all my life. After receiving a back injury in the military am left dealing with painful arthritis. I often wonder who will hire me taking pain pills and complaining about painful joints. Not able to work or get financial assistance from the government, I was forced to use all of my savings then later moved in with my daughter and son-in-law. I now share a room with my new beautiful grandson and my two beautiful grandaughters.
There are too many vets on the street and the numbers are getting higher. They(WE) deserve more that this. I would like to connect with veterans who are interested in starting something positive for our veterans. My idea is to purchase affortable homes that will allow us to house veterans. This will give them a place to call home and create new beginnings. I welcome your input. Thank you!

View All Members Showing 2 of 2 Member(s)