Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 02:32 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times

Advertisements

Good call on the CM9. I used to have a PM9 but gifted it to one of my sons.

I hear Kahr is going to come out with a CW380.

Got myself a CW45 last fall and am very happy with it, but the LCP rides in my pocket most of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 03:36 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,608 times
Tcp
Attached Thumbnails
What's your favorite mouse gun-dscn0220.jpg  

Old 02-04-2013, 08:18 PM

1,127 posts, read 1,275,259 times
Smith and Wesson 442. Small, light, snag-free, and I can fire the little thing empty without ever taking it out of my vest pocket. Handy for those times when one's problem is already on top of him and the 1911 behind the hip is hard to get into action. Or when a situation feels a bit hinky, but not hinky enough to justify pulling a gun. Just put the left hand in my pocket, and I feel better already. Best thing ever for the odd knife fight, too.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:31 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,735,456 times
The Sig P238 is my choice for a mouse gun. Accurate and reliable for me.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:30 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
The Sig P238 is my choice for a mouse gun. Accurate and reliable for me.
These are no good for left handers. I bought one and it is so small that your index finger hits the slide lever to keep it open in the middle of fireing.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:02 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
I have a Berreta "Tomcat" in 32 ACP that I bought in 1997. It has a tip-up barrel. The thing I liked about it was it was very accurate for a gun of that type. At the time the .32 ACP was a hot item because a pair of gun writers had come up with "stopping power" numbers that found the .32 ACP 'silvertip' round was a world-beater.

Seecamps were around back then, but very hard to come by. I had a chance to buy one for $400 at a gun show and kicked myself for several years for passing it up. The NAA .32 ACP was also "coming soon" at the time. Eventually I got one of those too. And later I got one of the Kel-Tec .32s that weigh about 7 oz.

Another good thing about the Tomcat was the pocket holster I had for it. Made by Aker, it was molded leather and has a big flap attached that prevented 'printing' but was so well designed that it didn't impede the draw. I bought it from a guy who had a booth at a Portland OR gun show who proudly told me that he had designed the thing. I looked at the Aker web site to see if I could get one for my Kahr PM9, and the design is no longer in production. Too bad.

My .32 Beretta is now retired. My 9mm Kahr PM 9 is only a little bigger and heavier, and a superior pocket gun in almost every way imaginable.

Beretta Tomcat 3032 - YouTube

Old 02-06-2013, 01:22 PM

109 posts, read 278,759 times
I thought this was a mouse thread... there are only 2 true squeaker chambers, .22 and. 25 the. 32 is on the fence due to its m & p background.
That is how you define a mouse... the projectile not the house'n.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:28 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,197,174 times
I've got a cute little Savage 1907 in .32ACP that my dad gave me last weekend. Neat gun. First double-stack magazine ever used if I recall correctly (holds 10rds).

It still cycles perfectly and is a joy to shoot (little to no recoil, it's about the same as a .22). The next time I find occasion to dress very nicely (suit, tie, etc.) I may CC it just for giggles, and so I can feel like a gangster. We're fairly certain that it is a VERY early model 1907.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:45 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunByte View Post
Sig P238. Everyone that I had this gun to can shoot it very well, even at distances more than 7 yards. The sights are spot on, the gun has more weight to it to absorb the recoil, the trigger is SA and it has a manual safety which for some reason scares people rather than makes them feel more safe. Too many people who never shot this gun assume that because it has a SA trigger, it is a very light trigger. Wrong. The trigger pull is about 8 lbs so that combined with a manual safety make it a very safe gun, safer than any Glock I owned. Plus you can rack the slide with the safety one to eject or load a round. Cannot do that with many guns. Very accurate gun and unlike the LCP, it can shoot +p or hot loads all day long. With hot Corbon ammo I get about 11.5" of penetration in ballistic gel after going through 4 layers of denim
GunByte, your post caught my eye when I saw the P238. My dad has an old one from WWII. How he got it is an interesting story. During one of their battles in WWII in Europe, my dad saw a German had died not far from where he was and he took interest in the pistol and holster. So, while there was still gunfire going on, my dad ran over to the German and took the holster off his belt and ran back. Said he figured that guy wouldn't need it any more!

Old 02-06-2013, 07:04 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,602,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
GunByte, your post caught my eye when I saw the P238. My dad has an old one from WWII. How he got it is an interesting story. During one of their battles in WWII in Europe, my dad saw a German had died not far from where he was and he took interest in the pistol and holster. So, while there was still gunfire going on, my dad ran over to the German and took the holster off his belt and ran back. Said he figured that guy wouldn't need it any more!
The Sig-Sauer P238 during World War II or before. The company introduced it in 2009 and it was unlike any German pistol of the war era. The Sig-Sauer P230 is similar in many respects to the famed Mauser HSc but came out in 1977.

SIG Sauer P238 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SIG Sauer P230 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mauser HSc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting