Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 11:13 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times

Advertisements

since the feds have gotten away from calling their new 7000 assault rifles for what they are, we can now call our military lookalike firearms for what they are, they should now be called "Personal Defense Weapons". after all, if the name is good enough for DHS, then it is good enough for the private citizens.

The DHS Is Turning Into A Mini-Army: A List Of Their 5 Most Shocking Purchases // Mr. Conservative
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 03:01 PM

315 posts, read 256,036 times
The AR15 has not been called that since the early 90s. I think after the 94 crime bill it was a Match Target. Now its a thousand names. AR is just a generic term for the platform. But I get your point. Match Target was because it was set up as a sporting rifle.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:58 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Semi-automatic rifle, one each.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:55 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
I say we call it the PST ...personal security tool.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:41 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
since the feds have gotten away from calling their new 7000 assault rifles for what they are, we can now call our military lookalike firearms for what they are, they should now be called "Personal Defense Weapons". after all, if the name is good enough for DHS, then it is good enough for the private citizens.

The DHS Is Turning Into A Mini-Army: A List Of Their 5 Most Shocking Purchases // Mr. Conservative
Everyone that wears camo to the movies and has their "gear" in the truck won't be able to sleep tonight. They'll never go for it.

You are correct though.

That and get rid of that stupid Red Jacket TV show. The girl is a most unfortunate looking person and the rest of those clowns are poster children for gun control. Yeehaw, whadda we blow up terday? Maybe as soon as that new beehive round with the atomic powered targeting control system gets in we can shoot at more styrofoam tanks. Would someone please take up the slack and marry that woman so the local pharmacist can sleep nights?

Old 04-16-2013, 02:33 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Everyone that wears camo to the movies and has their "gear" in the truck won't be able to sleep tonight. They'll never go for it.

You are correct though.

That and get rid of that stupid Red Jacket TV show. The girl is a most unfortunate looking person and the rest of those clowns are poster children for gun control. Yeehaw, whadda we blow up terday? Maybe as soon as that new beehive round with the atomic powered targeting control system gets in we can shoot at more styrofoam tanks. Would someone please take up the slack and marry that woman so the local pharmacist can sleep nights?

I've seen them all in person and they all seemed pretty normal...she's no beauty queen but she's not unfortunate looking either.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post

You are correct though.

I could not agree more. That show I watched a few times to give it a chance. What a total POS. I watched as the built a stripped AR called it some *** sword name, Katana and then charged 1800 for it when you could pick up or build one for 6 to 700. Its a gun show for people who know little about guns, then from the news I read, he looses his lisc. because of AKs gone missing and he has to transfer the shop to the lead build guy to keep it open. Its a joke and makes gun owners look like knuckle draggers.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:21 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
I say we call it the PST ...personal security tool.
I've always called mine a PPD = Personal Protection Device.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I've always called mine a PPD = Personal Protection Device.
I just called my gun Fred. Since my name is Fred, its Fred shooting Fred.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:30 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
This is the first picture I have seen of this ..snazzy...new rifle. Looks like a standard M4 style piece, piston operated, with a few clamp on ergo mods. Oh, anx an EoTech sight. Oooooooo. Shiny?! I guezs I shouldn't discount the extra, happy face position, on the selector switch either. I was under the impression this rifle was supposed to be a totally new design. Imagine my disappointment here. It is actually, quite close, to versions of the M4, commonly in use, with many special ops types. However, I am sure there are enough slight mods to justify the government to funnel copious funding to it. I would llike to see the winning bid, as opposed to how much will be appropriated for this new toy. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting