Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 05:11 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,342 times

Advertisements

I thought that a lot of the cheap Tula ammo was permanently in stock for the next bit anyway. Not true. It seems its sold out in a few days. 22lr is still hard to find. I quit buying at Walmart unless its there when I walk buy, I just bought another box of 500 on line for 5 cents but only when I stumble into it. I am not really hunting ammo. But I do try to keep up on how available it is. As far as I can tell its not easy to find yet and this is what 16 months or so past SH? In SWF its still hard to find but the old ones are here in force and buy anything that is a bargain off the shelf in mass. So I don't know if its here that we are still very hard to find or if its everywhere. From what I see on line I would assume its everywhere still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 06:07 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,020,253 times
i can say my local WM almost always is empty on the ".22lr" side of the case, but will have asst ammo from 9mm to shells on the other. I dont go out of my way to look for it, only check when i'm already at the store and if I need any.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:27 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,342 times
Thats where I am at as far as new buying. I don't hunt it but if I run across a box on line or walmart I will pick it up if its under 7 cents a round. I still see people trying to get 25 cents around at the local flea markets. I don't see it selling all that much but I am also not standing there all day either. But I see the usual suspects who sell week after week and I don't see the inventory really looking much different.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:37 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,947,411 times
After now years of shortages, all of the ammunition manufacturers put together haven't been able to ramp up production hmm?

If anything becomes short in supply, it virtually disappears in short order, even Apple iPhone shortages don't last.

Manufacturing is at maximum capacity right? Open wide.

I know, someone called a manufacturer who said they are making all they can. GM said there is no problem with seat belts. You can keep your health care insurance...

Old 03-17-2014, 10:44 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,242,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
I know, someone called a manufacturer who said they are making all they can. GM said there is no problem with seat belts. You can keep your health care insurance...
Every statement I've ever seen from any and all manufacturers says they are running at full capacity, with many adding extra shifts and extra capacity. Every article from every legitimate magazine says the same thing. And this makes logical sense... anything they can make they can immediately sell without having to resort to specials or lowered pricing. Any business will be trying to make as much money as possible for as long as possible.

Manufacturers in the gun and ammo industry include some of the most conservative and pro-gun people in the country. It's completely not feasible that all of them are involved in some sort of mass conspiracy to kill their own business.

It is nothing more than an extended run. I personally own more ammo now (including .22LR) than at any point in my life, mostly because it's hard to find so I keep more on hand for use. So I've done my bit to help extend the run by buying ammo that is now sitting in my safe.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:19 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,385,103 times
The hoarders will not stop hoarding because they are paranoid and the reason they are paranoid is because somebody with skin in the game is convincing them of something that keeps them paranoid.

I only target shoot for fun so I don't need 10-20 thousand rounds in my stockpile. I leave that to the hoarders.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:31 AM

185 posts, read 405,596 times
It seemed that things were loosening up for a while, but lately I have noticed it's getting harder to find .22 and more expensive to buy other popular calibers like 7.62x39 and 5.56. My Walmart just went up 30 cents a box on Tula 7.62x39 and the LGS where I was buying 5.56 just increased their prices by 25%. In the past, I would always buy to replace what I shot; now that it's harder to do that, I find myself shooting much less.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:10 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,461,755 times
I havent seen any .22 ammo on the shelf in years, it's always gone when I get there

stopped by a local gun store and they only had a small supply of 7.62x39

and some .40 S&W

Old 03-17-2014, 02:25 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,084 times
Buy it cheep and stack it deep. I stocked up after the ammo run in 08/09.

I havnt bought 22lr in near 2 years and still have over 20k in stock. I even sold some bulk packs I didn't like for 65$ a box, I paid 14-16$ a box for it.

I can reload 9mm/40s&w for cheaper than the current 22lr prices.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:39 AM

10,347 posts, read 8,564,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Buy it cheep and stack it deep. I stocked up after the ammo run in 08/09.

I havnt bought 22lr in near 2 years and still have over 20k in stock. I even sold some bulk packs I didn't like for 65$ a box, I paid 14-16$ a box for it.

I can reload 9mm/40s&w for cheaper than the current 22lr prices.
But where can you find powder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting