Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 01:29 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any experience with Hi-Point pistols? Especially their 9mm? I sold my S&W earlier this year and still have over 500 rounds of 9mm ammo, so I was thinking about getting another 9mm (I was going to get a revolver as my next gun, but may not after all).

I came across this model on the GunBroker.com site and was amazed at how cheap (inexpensive) it was. A cursory web search turned up surprisingly good reviews, so my curiosity is piqued.

This would be a range gun only - I'll stick with my Glock when it comes to carrying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 03:12 AM

956 posts, read 3,003,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
(I was going to get a revolver as my next gun, but may not after all).
Why not?

Old 10-12-2008, 06:47 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,833,983 times
Cheap price,shoots well and accurate as heck, and ours have never jammed. My wife can put a coffee can out at twenty feet and consistantly hit it out to seventyfive feet or more. The highpoint carbine in 9mm is also a blast to shoot and just as accurate.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:23 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
Why not?
Because I have over 500 rounds of 9mm and this Hi-Point is apparently a lot of "bang" for the buck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
Cheap price,shoots well and accurate as heck, and ours have never jammed. My wife can put a coffee can out at twenty feet and consistantly hit it out to seventyfive feet or more. The highpoint carbine in 9mm is also a blast to shoot and just as accurate.
Excellent. I'm very surprised at the reviews this gun is getting. The constant theme with most gun reviews is "you get what you pay for". This one sure is bucking the trend.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:03 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
My oldest son bought one of the Hi Points last spring. For the money( big factor these days) it's a decent piece. He did have some issues with his at first but on close examination I found he had not cleaned and properly lubed it before trying to bang away. I know I taught him bettern that!! if your going to be serious about your handgunning as in competition of any kind I would recommend a higher end pistol but if it's going to get used as a casual plinker or get a box a month run through to keep yourself tuned up for home or personal defense it's certainly a bargain.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 6,352 times
Default I want a handgun but cant do to my juvinile record

I cant get a gun???
I was wondering if you had some knowledge on this subject. I dont want my conceals just to be able to have one at home.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:02 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
I cant get a gun???
I was wondering if you had some knowledge on this subject. I dont want my conceals just to be able to have one at home.
Juvy record? How old are you? Juvenile records should become void after one turns 18. Unless it was a cat 1 felony maybe. Generally your record is cleared on your 18th birthday and you start fresh but there could be exeptions depending on state and local laws. And thanks to overzealous feminist groups ANY "domestic violence" conviction takes out your gun rights for life. Do some checking on your state laws
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting